Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Events > Track and Driving Events
User Name
Password

Old 11-22-2018, 08:04 PM

Good luck tmrw for those that are going.... and be safe... hope you get some clear runs!

Happy Thanksgiving.
2004 NASA AIX Mustang LS2 #14
1964 Lincoln Continental
2014 4 tap Keezer
Old 11-26-2018, 08:22 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Nate and Paul both said for me to go with the red group. They were totally right. As intimated as i was, and maybe going with the newbs, staying up in red was the ticket.
Last run session they put red+ with red and that was the only time i needed to wave anybody by...
That is an incredible car too drive. And yes, i activated the ABS at least 10 times and the traction control came on twice, and that is a strange feeling.

Anyways, till next time...mike
Old 11-26-2018, 11:55 PM

I heard Treynor's GT4 with rain tires laid the smack down.....
1964 Lincoln Continental
2014 4 tap Keezer
Old 11-27-2018, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash68 View Post
I heard Treynor's GT4 with rain tires laid the smack down.....
the mustang gt4 right? i've never heard of that option until saturday. GT4 is a p-car lol.

He was wide fricken open, in the wet wet. I think they made him turn the sound down too. It was bada$$ watching him run though.
Do you know him?

It was a fun event. Laguna, woof. That part of lifes bucket list can't get refilled up cause you'll never get enough of that track. Lucky enough to be apart of racing history, just a great day. I do think that figuring out my braking zones in the dry will be ALOT easier....

sincerely, a hooked 4 time trac newb
Old 11-27-2018, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glassman View Post
the mustang gt4 right? i've never heard of that option until saturday. GT4 is a p-car lol.
LOL. GT4 is a world wide class... not just a car. What you saw was the Ford Mustang version for that class.

https://oppositelock.kinja.com/a-gui...ses-1529849729

I just know of the guy... local Google guy. He posts some nice videos in various places of his laps. Ran a 1:40 in that car at Sonoma a bit ago.

Anyway, glad you had a decent day out there... I think you brought the right car considering the weather!
1964 Lincoln Continental
2014 4 tap Keezer
Old 11-28-2018, 09:48 AM

Thanked 1,076 Times in 384 Posts

All in all it was a nasty cold wet drizzly weekend..... Thanksgiving DAY was nice and sunny — but the rest of the time I thought I was in Seattle. UGH!

I went out to the track — Saw a couple people — but we didn’t hang out very long. David Pozzi came over - so we walked around a bit to see who was around. Saw Mike just as we were departing. Missed Nate... but I was looking for the MUSTANG not a Chebby...

Oh — and I had parked the trailer in the lot close to the track as you came in - a dirt lot where the old manager had allowed me to park in the past (no I didn’t ask I just parked it and split).... Well all that rain.... Yeah... I was dang lucky I had 4 wheel drive dually!! I hooked it up (hard to get the ball aligned because the truck would just slide sideways!) and once I got her moving — I just laid it down and kept going!! The trailer was pushing the rear end sideways as the angle of the lot was “off camber” and I had to make a big swinging turn to get going the right direction but eventually I had to get it going UPHILL.... Just made it — and I mean “just”. The mud was epic and everywhere!
Old 11-28-2018, 10:02 PM

I was hiding in Jon’s trailer trying to stay warm..so freaking cold and wet.

I only did three sessions and when it started really pouring in the afternoon and with my car in one piece I called it quits!

See you at spring sprint weld
Old 11-28-2018, 11:05 PM

Thanked 1,076 Times in 384 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Try2paz View Post
I was hiding in Jon’s trailer trying to stay warm..so freaking cold and wet.

I only did three sessions and when it started really pouring in the afternoon and with my car in one piece I called it quits!

See you at spring sprint weld
I hope to feel up to it — and even better — I hope to have Dirt Missile ready by then MAYBE — big MAYBE but who knows!!
Old 11-29-2018, 07:51 PM

I would have had far more fun with my truck in the mud on this day, and I really hate mud. You chose the right vehicle combo, Greg!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregWeld View Post
All in all it was a nasty cold wet drizzly weekend..... Thanksgiving DAY was nice and sunny — but the rest of the time I thought I was in Seattle. UGH!

I went out to the track — Saw a couple people — but we didn’t hang out very long. David Pozzi came over - so we walked around a bit to see who was around. Saw Mike just as we were departing. Missed Nate... but I was looking for the MUSTANG not a Chebby...

Oh — and I had parked the trailer in the lot close to the track as you came in - a dirt lot where the old manager had allowed me to park in the past (no I didn’t ask I just parked it and split).... Well all that rain.... Yeah... I was dang lucky I had 4 wheel drive dually!! I hooked it up (hard to get the ball aligned because the truck would just slide sideways!) and once I got her moving — I just laid it down and kept going!! The trailer was pushing the rear end sideways as the angle of the lot was “off camber” and I had to make a big swinging turn to get going the right direction but eventually I had to get it going UPHILL.... Just made it — and I mean “just”. The mud was epic and everywhere!