The Following User Says Thank You to kwhizz For This Useful Post:
GregWeld (04-19-2019)
Old 04-19-2019, 09:33 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Thanked 1,076 Times in 384 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas69 View Post
My favorite part, it walks the walk!
LOL —- I’ve had the same discussion with Steve Frisbee (SAR) - Roy Brizio - and CHRA..... “I don’t give a damn about chrome.... build it right...because it’s going to get driven and driven hard”.

So far only Roy and CHRA got it right.

A buddy that now owns the blue ‘33 Brizio car - told me a week ago - “that car is the fastest car I’ve ever driven - it’s scary fast!” .... He owns MANY fast cars - Porsche - Ford GT40 - many fast cars.... I just laugh at the thought....

I wish all of you could experience the thrills and fun we have on the Hall of Fame Tour.... the entire point of owning and building “hot rods”/“Pro Touring”..... DRIVE ‘EM.... Drive ‘em cross country.... drive ‘em to the store.... drive ‘em to church on Sunday.... Pick out an event or show a couple states away and drive to and from. You’ll find out real soon if you built a car or a pile of sheet metal holding paint.....
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to GregWeld For This Useful Post:
Che70velle (04-21-2019), fleetus macmullitz (04-19-2019), JD67SS (04-29-2019), kwhizz (04-19-2019), OLDFLM (05-01-2019)
Old 04-19-2019, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhizz View Post
Hooligan Owner !!!!!!!
I always drove your cars nicely! LOL

Love ya buddy! Can’t wait for September.
The Following User Says Thank You to GregWeld For This Useful Post:
kwhizz (04-19-2019)
Old 04-28-2019, 01:07 AM

Awesome build Greg! Congrats on the magazine shoot and Good-Guys...I'd say you're starting out pretty good for the first part of the year. Well done.

1989 Camaro RS
The Following User Says Thank You to 89 RS For This Useful Post:
GregWeld (04-28-2019)
Old 04-29-2019, 10:01 AM

Major congrats Greg, well deserved! Truck is just stunning!
Old 04-29-2019, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Hilliard View Post
Major congrats Greg, well deserved! Truck is just stunning!

Thanks Jay!!! Long time no see you posting! Glad you like it!
Old 04-29-2019, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregWeld View Post
I wish all of you could experience the thrills and fun we have on the Hall of Fame Tour.... the entire point of owning and building “hot rods”/“Pro Touring”..... DRIVE ‘EM.... Drive ‘em cross country.... drive ‘em to the store.... drive ‘em to church on Sunday.... Pick out an event or show a couple states away and drive to and from. You’ll find out real soon if you built a car or a pile of sheet metal holding paint.....
I am coming around to this way of thinking... I’m tired of my car being garage furniture.

JD
The Following User Says Thank You to JD67SS For This Useful Post:
OLDFLM (05-01-2019)
Old 04-29-2019, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD67SS View Post
I am coming around to this way of thinking... I’m tired of my car being garage furniture.

JD
Clear bra for paint protection - don’t forget where the tires are “wider than the body” areas — that will look sandblasted after a few 1000 miles.....

I used to do a lot of NCRS stuff - but I’d DRIVE to them.... if I was really going after the big points — then I’d have the driver seat reupholstered.... and usually get the top re-stretched or replaced.... a little paint touch up work (I had multiple guns and can/did this work myself).... a thorough detailing if I wanted it to look pristine....

In other words — there is a COST associated with putting miles on them..... and being anal..... but you don’t care one iota about all that when you’re out there cruising the crap out of ‘em.

My old saying in Seattle —- “that’s what winters are for”.... the rehab for the next driving season!

To me — it’s like cleaning guns and buying lots of ammo.... it’s the price you pay for actually doing with them what they’re made for.
Old 04-29-2019, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregWeld View Post
Clear bra for paint protection - don’t forget where the tires are “wider than the body” areas — that will look sandblasted after a few 1000 miles.....

I used to do a lot of NCRS stuff - but I’d DRIVE to them.... if I was really going after the big points — then I’d have the driver seat reupholstered.... and usually get the top re-stretched or replaced.... a little paint touch up work (I had multiple guns and can/did this work myself).... a thorough detailing if I wanted it to look pristine....

In other words — there is a COST associated with putting miles on them..... and being anal..... but you don’t care one iota about all that when you’re out there cruising the crap out of ‘em.

My old saying in Seattle —- “that’s what winters are for”.... the rehab for the next driving season!

To me — it’s like cleaning guns and buying lots of ammo.... it’s the price you pay for actually doing with them what they’re made for.
Ha! I live outside of Buffalo... I know all about winters.
I did most of the restoration on my car, including the paint. But now I want to have it done for me if I decide to go for it.

Here she is at another car show. Yeah, I made a bunch of friends and won a bunch of plaques, but after seeing your project, Charlie’s Riv. and other builds on this site, I’d love to drop in a DelS3 style LS into it along with modern A/C and enjoy it more.

JD
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to JD67SS For This Useful Post:
GregWeld (04-29-2019)
Old 04-29-2019, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD67SS View Post
Ha! I live outside of Buffalo... I know all about winters.
I did most of the restoration on my car, including the paint. But now I want to have it done for me if I decide to go for it.

Here she is at another car show. Yeah, I made a bunch of friends and won a bunch of plaques, but after seeing your project, Charlie’s Riv. and other builds on this site, I’d love to drop in a DelS3 style LS into it along with modern A/C and enjoy it more.

JD

One guy (Gene) has been o every single tour. Small block chevy ‘69 Camaro. Drives from California to the start of each tour Does the tour. And drives home. They gave him a bad ass tour jacket at the end of the last one. Think he said he’s done 33,000 miles just on these tours.

In other words. You don’t need an LS Motor. A/C is another thing altogether. It is September when we do these and depending on where we start you might not need it.
The Following User Says Thank You to GregWeld For This Useful Post:
kwhizz (04-30-2019)