...

Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > Wheel Gallery
User Name
Password



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-04-2019, 09:54 PM
Forgeline Wheels's Avatar
Forgeline Wheels Forgeline Wheels is online now
Lateral-g Supporting Vendor
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Dayton, OH
Posts: 349
Thanks: 0
Thanked 32 Times in 26 Posts
Default Marc Tavalero’s 1971 Chevy Nova on Forgeline DE3C Wheels

Might a pro-touring Nova be even cooler than a Camaro or Corvette? Marc Tavalero’s gorgeous ’71 Chevrolet Nova is powered by a 490HP FAST-injected 364ci LQ9 mated to a Tremec T-56 Magnum 6-speed transmission and rides on SpeedTech Performance suspension, RideTech triple adjustable coilovers, Wilwood disc brakes, 265/35R18 & 315/35R18 Falken Azenis tires, and 18x9/18x11 Forgeline DE3C wheels finished with Transparent Smoke centers & Brushed outers! See more at: https://forgeline.com/customer-gallery/marc-tavalero/

Photos courtesy of Super Chevy Magazine. See the full story at: http://www.superchevy.com/features/1...treet-machine/




__________________
Mark Schetter
Forgeline Motorsports
3522 Kettering Blvd
Dayton, Ohio 45439
O: 937-299-0298 x12
F: 937-643-0070
mschetter@forgeline.com
www.forgeline.com





Join Our Newsletter Mailing List
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-05-2019, 09:16 AM
tubbed69's Avatar
tubbed69 tubbed69 is offline
Lateral-g Supporting Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: WV
Posts: 2,101
Thanks: 8
Thanked 32 Times in 28 Posts
Default

Beautiful car,big fan of the novas.Wheels look great and stance is perfect
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-06-2019, 10:00 AM
partsguy57 partsguy57 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Grants Pass Oregon
Posts: 26
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forgeline Wheels View Post
Might a pro-touring Nova be even cooler than a Camaro or Corvette? Marc Tavalero’s gorgeous ’71 Chevrolet Nova is powered by a 490HP FAST-injected 364ci LQ9 mated to a Tremec T-56 Magnum 6-speed transmission and rides on SpeedTech Performance suspension, RideTech triple adjustable coilovers, Wilwood disc brakes, 265/35R18 & 315/35R18 Falken Azenis tires, and 18x9/18x11 Forgeline DE3C wheels finished with Transparent Smoke centers & Brushed outers! See more at: https://forgeline.com/customer-gallery/marc-tavalero/



Photos courtesy of Super Chevy Magazine. See the full story at: http://www.superchevy.com/features/1...treet-machine/









Good looking ride!. Its got some "shinny" stuff still on the car unlike most boring lemming "black" everthing pro touring cars of the past and now being built. Very nice.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-07-2019, 06:11 PM
214Chevelle's Avatar
214Chevelle 214Chevelle is offline
Lateral-g Supporting Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Good, Ole Texas
Posts: 3,759
Thanks: 15
Thanked 83 Times in 50 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by partsguy57 View Post
The look.... except for the bushwacker flares.... same old dark/black trim wheels, bumpers..... same look as the majority of pro touring cars being built.. again except for the bushwacker flares... that's unique.. ugly but unique.



Quote:
Originally Posted by partsguy57 View Post
Good looking ride!. Its got some "shinny" stuff still on the car unlike most boring lemming "black" everthing pro touring cars of the past and now being built. Very nice.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
I see you have a hateful fetish for any car that has dark wheels. People like what they like, just as you have a right to not like it.
__________________
'68 C10 swb
'69 Camaro convertible
'72 Chevelle

Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-07-2019, 06:24 PM
partsguy57 partsguy57 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Grants Pass Oregon
Posts: 26
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 214Chevelle View Post
I see you have a hateful fetish for any car that has dark wheels. People like what they like, just as you have a right to not like it.
Lol of course they do.. just don't act like the dark/black is anything unique. Its not.. boring old and pretty much lemming thing anymore. Hateful? Its amazing how some always scream hate when one doesn't agree with them. Is that you? If you don't agree or like what I like and voice your opinion I don't consider you hateful in any shape or form..I could really give my opinion on the hole black/dark/ street fighter look and really set you off I guess... I won't cheers.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-09-2019, 10:25 AM
NOVA NOVA is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: SO CAL
Posts: 389
Thanks: 4
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Thumbs up

Nicely done .................




[/QUOTE]
__________________
ZZ4 - Forgelines - Ridetech - DSE Tubs
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-10-2019, 08:38 AM
214Chevelle's Avatar
214Chevelle 214Chevelle is offline
Lateral-g Supporting Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Good, Ole Texas
Posts: 3,759
Thanks: 15
Thanked 83 Times in 50 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by partsguy57 View Post
Lol of course they do.. just don't act like the dark/black is anything unique. Its not.. boring old and pretty much lemming thing anymore. Hateful? Its amazing how some always scream hate when one doesn't agree with them. Is that you? If you don't agree or like what I like and voice your opinion I don't consider you hateful in any shape or form..I could really give my opinion on the hole black/dark/ street fighter look and really set you off I guess... I won't cheers.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Not really me at all. I think you missed my point by a landslide. Therefore, let me explain. First, and foremost...I'm fully aware that this is America and people have the right to say what they want to say. No need to say anything more about that. Second of all, and most importantly...THIS SITE ISN'T LIKE OTHERS. The love here and willingness to help is top notch. People here have personally helped me out that I don't even know and haven't met and probably never will. I've been loaned tools, been wired large amounts of money for parts to pick up for them because the parts were in my neck of the woods. Why? All because I'm simply a member of this forum. Those guys trusted me and don't know me from Adam other than here. Wouldn't recognize me if I walked past them in WalMart. So, I say all of this to say, when these very guys who go above and beyond to help out a guy like myself and even you (if needed), we don't bash and criticize how "ugly" or "lemming" something that they've built because you don't personally agree with it. Trust me and best believe, there are things here I wouldn't personally like and I might consider ugly. But, you'll never hear me say it. Why? Because, the FAMILY aura here at Lateral-g is like none other. But, with 25 posts in 7 years...maybe you haven't experienced that love and gotten to know the great bunch of guys here. Lastly, I'll make my final point if it makes you feel any better. Yes, there are a plethora of dark wheels on cars today. Guys have used this theme time and again. But, what's the difference in that from when there were hundreds to thousands of cars with chrome wheels? I MEAN...IS THERE ANYTHING ELSE YOU CAN POSSIBLE DO TO A CAR THAT HASN'T BASICALLY BEEN DONE. If you don't think I'm correct in what I'm saying...go back to the project section or the wheels section and read and see how many negative comments you'll find from members negatively criticizing someone's project that they've poured their sweat and hard earned money into. Then you may understand my point. Guys may say, "they would choose another color, wheel choice, etc" or "they don't like a specific manufacturers parts..." But, negatively commenting, you won't find that too much. By the way, the wheels going on my 69 convertible will be dark charcoal centers and black hoops. I'll expect and be waiting for your comments.
__________________
'68 C10 swb
'69 Camaro convertible
'72 Chevelle


Last edited by 214Chevelle; 02-10-2019 at 09:08 AM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 214Chevelle For This Useful Post:
jarhead (06-19-2019)
  #8  
Old 02-10-2019, 11:14 AM
partsguy57 partsguy57 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Grants Pass Oregon
Posts: 26
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 214Chevelle View Post
Not really me at all. I think you missed my point by a landslide. Therefore, let me explain. First, and foremost...I'm fully aware that this is America and people have the right to say what they want to say. No need to say anything more about that. Second of all, and most importantly...THIS SITE ISN'T LIKE OTHERS. The love here and willingness to help is top notch. People here have personally helped me out that I don't even know and haven't met and probably never will. I've been loaned tools, been wired large amounts of money for parts to pick up for them because the parts were in my neck of the woods. Why? All because I'm simply a member of this forum. Those guys trusted me and don't know me from Adam other than here. Wouldn't recognize me if I walked past them in WalMart. So, I say all of this to say, when these very guys who go above and beyond to help out a guy like myself and even you (if needed), we don't bash and criticize how "ugly" or "lemming" something that they've built because you don't personally agree with it. Trust me and best believe, there are things here I wouldn't personally like and I might consider ugly. But, you'll never hear me say it. Why? Because, the FAMILY aura here at Lateral-g is like none other. But, with 25 posts in 7 years...maybe you haven't experienced that love and gotten to know the great bunch of guys here. Lastly, I'll make my final point if it makes you feel any better. Yes, there are a plethora of dark wheels on cars today. Guys have used this theme time and again. But, what's the difference in that from when there were hundreds to thousands of cars with chrome wheels? I MEAN...IS THERE ANYTHING ELSE YOU CAN POSSIBLE DO TO A CAR THAT HASN'T BASICALLY BEEN DONE. If you don't think I'm correct in what I'm saying...go back to the project section or the wheels section and read and see how many negative comments you'll find from members negatively criticizing someone's project that they've poured their sweat and hard earned money into. Then you may understand my point. Guys may say, "they would choose another color, wheel choice, etc" or "they don't like a specific manufacturers parts..." But, negatively commenting, you won't find that too much. By the way, the wheels going on my 69 convertible will be dark charcoal centers and black hoops. I'll expect and be waiting for your comments.
And yet nothing about the crux of the matter..... someone's a hater if they don't agree with you? You posted it not me. Run your black wheels that's fine great........ I will cheerfully point out to my buddies nice car but for the.... they can disagree or agree with me and you are free to do the same with your buddies... Me personally I'm tired of all the " black" everywhere in the pro touring world ( to say it's not what the vast majority are doing would be to deny what is self evident) and i don't follow it much anymore as they tend to be a bit on the boring side with most going for the same look. ( and yes I have a very nice pro touring car, in my opinion, so I understand the pro touring thing quite well) I also have opinions on those that build their own vs having a " pro" built car.........wonder which side of the coin I'm on that one? Lol I enjoy reading ones opinions on things and there are other places where that takes place and I enjoy those forums a bit more then here. To sum it up I prefer a classic look ( which is what makes these cars so popular) and don't much care for the rush to " late model " them with "black" being a large part of. Cheers and have a great day.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-10-2019, 11:29 AM
214Chevelle's Avatar
214Chevelle 214Chevelle is offline
Lateral-g Supporting Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Good, Ole Texas
Posts: 3,759
Thanks: 15
Thanked 83 Times in 50 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by partsguy57 View Post
someone's a hater if they don't agree with you? You posted it not me.

I understand and you have a great day too. Besides...I never called you a HATER. I said...."hateful fetish." That would be a characteristic. Not a state of being. See original post below..... Besides, could you post some pics of your car. I'd love to see it. Not being funny at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 214Chevelle View Post
I see you have a hateful fetish for any car that has dark wheels. People like what they like, just as you have a right to not like it.
__________________
'68 C10 swb
'69 Camaro convertible
'72 Chevelle

Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-14-2019, 01:59 PM
vdrivinmike's Avatar
vdrivinmike vdrivinmike is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 81
Thanks: 26
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forgeline Wheels View Post

Mark - great build, stance, and choice of wheels.....My next set will be from you!
__________________
Mike F

"ssmike" on PT.com
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:02 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright Lateral-g.net