Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Introductions > Member/Project/Vehicle Introductions
User Name
Password

Old 02-21-2007, 10:50 AM

Default 68 Camaro "Project Swiss Cheese"

I bought a 68 camaro off of ebay and let this be a lesson to help some people what you see and what is explained is not always what you get, if you can keep this one thing in mind when looking at a car through rosie glasses it is this " some peoples definition of good is not always the same as your definition of good'' with that being said i would higly recomend where ever possible taking the trip to go and look ay any car you are considering buying...
I bought this car from Ebay from a guy that owns a body shop, i had him walk around the car while i was on the phone and asked him questions about it ..well the car was hit very hard in the right side as to push the floor back about 2 inches, needs rockers both sides, both floors, two quaters both rear frame rails ,trunk, tail panel,etc not to mention the cowl area has to be pulled ,now don`t get me wrong it was a good deal so i thought, but i can do all the work and it is under way but if you are new to ebay or building cars take someone with you to get a second opinion........here are some pics..
how are the rear frame rails .." NOT BAD" he said take a look

more update to follow..i am also building a 460 powered mav on here
https://lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php4?t=7849
this camaro will be built from my donor 95 Z28 camaro.

Last edited by aussiebj; 02-21-2007 at 10:53 AM.
Old 02-21-2007, 10:19 PM

yeah...umm... good luck with THAT! I guess anything can be fixed with enough money and metal. I hope you keep us updated with pics. That looks like a fun and time consuming project.
Old 02-24-2007, 01:57 AM

Wow, thats a lot of work required right there.

How much should a car in this condition go for in the US? I'm guessing that would be a lot less than what you actually paid for it, seen as though you were expecting it to be in better condition.

I bought my 68 sight unseen off ebay from the other side of australia, when i got it, i cant believe how solid it is. I can vouch for it being a scary exercise.

Good luck with the progress, and keep us updated.

Fuel prices suck!
Old 04-11-2007, 02:59 PM

Well after a 3 week vist back home to Australia i got back into swiss cheese replaced the passengers rocker and have the quater panel mocked up should be welded up this weekend......it is amazing what new metal will do for a car..just might save this old girl yet........