Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Introductions > Member/Project/Vehicle Introductions
User Name
Password

Old 04-30-2009, 05:35 PM

Speed, yeah...too many 69 Camaros on here. What are they, bias or something? JK, ever since Big Red and Stielow's white 69 came out I was hooked. Those guys knew what was up and now it is easier than ever to hop up these old cars. For the money I'm throwing at my Charger, I could have bought a brand new Z06...but those things are everywhere here. I've noticed your'e only 20 and you already have a kickass musclecar. Good for you bro, hold onto it and do what you like. It's your dream car and make it yours. Newer cars just don't have any appeal to me. Ok, I'm rambling thanks for the support and I'll resize my pics if the admins will allow me.
Attached Images

Last edited by J-440; 04-30-2009 at 05:54 PM.
Old 05-04-2009, 09:20 PM

Do you have any more pics of it? I would really like to see what all u have done to it. My car is pretty rough...i bought it sight unseen off the internet and pretty much got screwed...ya live ya learn. But since I'm at school I've been able to build a 415 stroker along with a 727 with a manual valve body. your car looks amasing and I completely agree with ya about wanting to do pro touring after seeing Big Red...but then again it is just another camaro Haha jp
Martin
Old 05-06-2009, 06:30 PM

These are the most recent pics. Under the car is a Dana 4.10 with 35 spline axles and an adjustable ladder bar/coilover setup. Wilwood's on all 4 corners (13" and 12"). The bottom of the car was coated with Eastwood's Corraless inhibitor. They coat offshore oil rigs with this crap so it must be good for undercarriages. I had the car chemical stripped and had to coat the ENTIRE car with sealer and the undercoating (I will never do that again!!). I would call this car "entry level" compared to most of the cars on this site. The parts are what you would see in any Mopar Action, Car Craft, or Mopar Muscle mag. Nothing too exotic except for the front suspension from Magnumforce Racing.
The only original parts from the motor would be the block, crank, and main caps. Everything is reinforced to handle the 800 horses I plan on putting down. JE, INDY, Crane, Eagle, and Paxton are the guts. Like I said, typical stuff you'll find in any hot rod mag for a Mopar.
My advice...READ. Do a lot of research on your app. Most of the R&D has already been done by the guys I'm emulating. You just have to bolt the parts together. It's not hard at all. Have patience, time, space, tools and most of all...money. Speed costs money, how fast ya wanna go?
Attached Images

Old 05-06-2009, 10:16 PM

Haha ya I've found all about the money spending part of things already and it sounds like you have dumped alot into your car lol, but its worth it! I would say that it sounds like your car is going to be an awesome ride when you get to start playing with it... 800 horses would probably be too much for me...I'm not grown up enough for that hopefully the 451 will be just right lol. Right now my goal is to drive the car through the gazebo here at the college when I graduate (autorat tradition) but Ive got a lot of money to spend between now and then. Great work on the car the interior looks great!!