Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 03-25-2021, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by two-piece View Post
Yes he is. But he also thinks it’s cool to not refund a deposit. I was a cool as could be about it. Offered to pay him for quote time. Now he’s just ignoring me and blocked me on IG. This thread is the 1st negative thing I’ve said about him. Just doesn’t make sense.
He is also pretty cocky imho. He also just moved into a new shop and I’m guessing he may not have the cash to give you a refund. Don’t assume he tucked it in the bank. He most likely spent it....

Don
Old 03-25-2021, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhutton View Post
He is also pretty cocky imho. He also just moved into a new shop and I’m guessing he may not have the cash to give you a refund. Don’t assume he tucked it in the bank. He most likely spent it....

Don
That’s what I’m thinking. I told him I’d work with him but he’s not even responding anymore.
Old 03-25-2021, 11:44 AM

**UPDATE - Sorry, missed your post saying you paid via "friends and family"**

Did the shop send you a request for payment via Paypal or did you indicate the payment was for goods? If so, Paypal does offer "Buyer Protection" where you can file a dispute similar to a credit card.

Quote:
Originally Posted by two-piece View Post
So that one of the spots I screwed up, paid the deposit thru PayPal friends and family with my balance. I have no recourse thru PayPal or a credit card company. The deposit that far out was to hold a spot on schedule. Once again there are a few spots a screwed up on and will learn from moving fwd. The deposit amount was $1,900. Seems the only way I can possibly get whole is by filing in small claims court. Ill have to go to that state to deal with it.

Now that I know this guy isn't going to pay me back because he's a good guy Ill let everyone know the shop. Casados Design out of Alabaster Al. Guys name is Adrian Casados. I did some research on the shop and he appears to do very nice work.

1968 Camaro SS

Last edited by ADY; 03-25-2021 at 11:55 AM.
Old 03-25-2021, 11:48 AM

This why I generally refuse to use PayPal friends and family. Zero protection....

Don
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dhutton For This Useful Post:
Spiffav8 (03-25-2021), srode1 (04-01-2021)
Old 03-25-2021, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADY View Post
Did the shop send you a request for payment via Paypal or did you indicate the payment was for goods? If so, Paypal does offer "Buyer Protection" where you can file a dispute similar to a credit card.
Payments sent via Friends and Family option are ineligible for buyer protection.
2004 NASA AIX Mustang LS2 #14
1964 Lincoln Continental
2014 4 tap Keezer
Old 03-25-2021, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhutton View Post

Don
Good point, Don. He may be cash flowing the business on deposits. I'd still pester him and if it goes nowhere, there is always the option to walk away and learn a lesson. Small money, small time investment. You can get more money, but you can't get more time.
Old 03-25-2021, 01:59 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Or we all could just go on IG and post how he swindled you out of $1,900 and refuses to refund you so everyone that follows him will see it. Word of mouth is the best and at times the worst type of advertisement.

Last edited by 214Chevy; 03-25-2021 at 02:03 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to 214Chevy For This Useful Post:
two-piece (03-25-2021)
Old 03-25-2021, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 214Chevy View Post
Or we all could just go on IG and post how he swindled you out of $1,900 and refuses to refund you so everyone that follows him will see it. Word of mouth is the best and at times the worst type of advertisement.
This. The automotive community is large & SUPPORTIVE w/the internet as the Megaphone.

It doesn't matter how talented you are if you can't work w/people. Asking for a partial refund on a deposit to hold your place in line for future work & whatever (minimal) consulting fees is not out of line. Kudos to you for understanding that. You're willing to take a reduced amount to compensate for any issues it potentially might have caused. You're putting forth goodwill for a possible future collaboration.

His not willing to @ least partially refund and/or then just ignoring a potential customer is flat-out bad for business.
The Following User Says Thank You to ScotI For This Useful Post:
two-piece (03-25-2021)
Old 03-25-2021, 06:42 PM

Once you do that, the damage is done. A promise to do it and then if he doesn't respond with a refund, the social media blitz is on.

I can't help you as I gave up social media. HA
Old 03-25-2021, 07:30 PM

On the other hand he busts his butt six or seven days a week turning out awesome work unlike a lot of shops who take years to get anything done. Not sure it makes sense to destroy a guy’s business over $1900. Especially when there is no written contract. It’s essentially one guys word against another’s.

Maybe just chock it up as a lesson learned rather than go nuclear.

Don