Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Project Updates
User Name
Password

Old 11-25-2014, 11:15 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Thanked 1,546 Times in 850 Posts
Default SLP575 Bumble Bee Finally starting a Build Thread on the car

The car is currently 4-Sale (( https://lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php4?t=53923 ))

Way back in 2010 I acquired a new SLP575 from the gentleman who purchased the Syborg TT project. The plan was to put it in the trailer to get it home but it was 2" to long. So I said good-bye to Kenny and I jumped in the Camaro with 17 miles on the clock and 1,732 miles later I was home.

The first 1,000 miles was a blast but the last 732 were a bit exhausting. But none the less I made it home in a day & half just in time to grab my daughter and take her to her final diving meet. Looking back I am happy I drove it home which makes it easy to drive it when I want now. I even haul my mountain bike with it from time to time.

Saying Goodbye to my 5 year project Syborg TT

John saying goodbye to one of his Camaro's

This was my first stop with the car for fuel and food.

Grabbing my daughters to head out to the diving meet

Projects - Syborg TT 4.3l v6 Mini-Truck, 2nd Chance Camaro & SLP575 Bumble Bee - 4Sale

Last edited by syborg tt; 11-28-2016 at 03:00 PM.
Old 11-25-2014, 11:16 AM

The first modification was the most important.

I needed a trailer hitch so I could haul my mountain bike to the trail. What I like the most about this hitch is you don't have to cut up the car in any way shape or form. Bolts on in about 20 minutes.

Projects - Syborg TT 4.3l v6 Mini-Truck, 2nd Chance Camaro & SLP575 Bumble Bee - 4Sale
Old 11-25-2014, 11:17 AM

The second modification I did was to swap out the wheels & tires.

Old 11-25-2014, 11:44 AM

Okay so now it's time for the fun to begin on the car and try to get rid on the sloppy ride and handling.

After talking with the guys at LG Motorsports and explaining to them that I wanted a very simple brain dead get in it an drive suspension I began collecting
parts for the suspension. Due to the fact that Pfadt had just gone out of business I needed to source the parts from various vendors.

The fist upgrade was going to be be wheels & tires which I ordered from LG Motorsports so I picked up a staggered set of there ZR28 wheels.

I had them mounted with the Goodyear Eagle F1 which are standard on the ZL1.

You can see the difference from the Goodyears to the Nittos

difference in the front tires can be seen here.

okay I have learned that swapping wheels on a 4 post sucks. I really need to get the sliding jack.

Old 11-25-2014, 11:45 AM

I also ordered a set of Gorrilla locks for the wheels from the guys at Apex Motorsports.

Old vs New

and this time I swapped the lugs on the ground using this little tool from the guys at ZL1 Add-Ons. Sure did make life easier this time around.

Old 11-25-2014, 11:52 AM

When ever I start a build I work with a graphics guy to do a few renderings of what the car may look like when it's complete. This
time I had the pleasure to work with Victor Fulton and I an really excited to show off his work.

Some of you may have already seen the new MRR Design Model 228 Wheels which look very similar to the wheels on the Z28. When
I saw these wheels I new I wanted a set for the car. So I asked Victor put them on the car in rendering.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=383648

Old 11-25-2014, 11:57 AM

I like the new wheels. How do you like the power from the Magna charger?

Old 11-28-2014, 05:08 PM

Both

Marty-MJ
www.garagescene.net

Old 12-13-2014, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonecrrusher View Post
Looking good Marty...

I still owe you that pic of the undercarriage of my SS sedan - I'll get you that tomorrow. Life has been stupid crazy with work and trying to sell my house.

Thanks guys and trust me I understand about life getting crazy. One of my biggest accounts is moving the business to China. It's to bad because my other accounts are bringing stuff back from China and there sales are going through the roof.

Marty-mj
www.garagescene.net www.syborgtwinturbo.com www.2ndcamaro.com

Old 12-13-2014, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynieZ View Post
Sweet! You don't hear that very often.

Tell me about.

Marty-mj
www.garagescene.net www.syborgtwinturbo.com www.2ndcamaro.com