Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 09-29-2012, 09:39 AM

Default Colorado events????

I live in Colorado and only have seen one autocross a year here (Goodguys Show) I was just wondering if anyone knew of any events in this state? I am really tired of going to the car shows and sitting on my a_ _ its the same ol thing every show BORING!!!
Also how many members on this site live in Colorado? Lets hear from you!
Kevin
Old 09-29-2012, 12:40 PM

I live in Erie, CO. Yep not too many events although I think someone on either this site or PT was trying to organize an event.

Check out High Plains Raceway out in Byers---awesome new road course with lots of reasonable track days. Also the SCCA site and vintage racings sites. There are a few other events but not too many.

I'm in the process of building my car (71 Challenger) so no track days for me for a while. Just a spectator.....

Wes
Old 09-29-2012, 07:40 PM

Thanks Wes this state is so far behind in everything you would think we lived in Alaska. I knew about Byers but open track day is durining the week and it has been tough to sneek away from work this year. Hopefully we can get some autocross events on the next few years.
Kevin
Old 10-02-2012, 01:57 PM

I am not an AXer so I don't know about any of those events other than the GG show you mention. I track my car out at HPR a fair amount and it is a fun track to run. Here by the end of the month the open track days go to "winter" rates and are on weekend days so maybe consider one of those.

Minus SCCA events, you can go out to HPR on the weekends for club racing and spectate for free. SCCA charges $10 to get in for their events.

Go further south and Pueblo has a road course as well, PIR. I haven't ran there in a few years now (HPR is way more convenient for me) but I heard they finally did some resurfacing so that might be of interest to you. It is under different management since I have ran there so I don't know how their open track days work at all.
Old 10-02-2012, 07:19 PM

Thanks for the info, I will have to check it out one of these next weekends.
Kevin
Old 01-13-2013, 11:06 AM

Hmm, there is a lot going on, but it isn't obviously advertised in Colorado. It isn't that we are behind, although there is much less racing activity now then in decades past, but the state is riff with NIMBYs, so most motorpsorts events tend to be pretty low key to not raise the hackles of their neighbors.

I assume you want to know about things you can actually run your car in rather than just spectate. Obviously there are several large motorsorts events that you can watch such as any races put on by the Colorado Hillclimb Assoc, the Mile High Nationals, and several major shows. Those you can play in are actaully ocuring more often. They would be...

Bracket drags at Bandimere, PMI, or Julesburg.

Have you check out the SCCA website for northern or southern Colorado yet? I believe the SCCA is Rocky Mountain or Continental Divide region. They run events 2-4 times a month all over the state.

How about National Autosport Assoc, or NASA? Nasa Rocky Mountain easily runs a dozen events annually all over Colorado and Utah.

For tracks there are High Plains Raceway, Pikes Peak International Raceway, Pueblo Motorsports Park, and La Junta Raceway. Check their sites for open track days.

They are out there, you just need to dig a bit to find them.

Last edited by hp2; 03-07-2013 at 03:32 PM.