Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 03-12-2023, 11:44 PM
Supporting Manufacturer

HydratechBraking.com

Question Help with A/C lines, fittings, adapters please?

So I'm finally out of the wheelchair and back on my feet 3 1/2 years later after the extreme burn damage and ensuing outrageous infections to the bottoms of my feet that almost resulted in amputations - just barely dodged that bullet. (Doh!)

So anyway, now that I am mostly back on my feet, I have now managed to get my 442 back on the road after 5 loooooooong years - oh how sweet the first 50 miles were that I put on it last weekend. While VERY tempting, I haven't dropped the hammer on it yet, but oh what a nice torque injection a little bit of part throttle tip in was!

I now have run across a scenario where I hope the collective knowledge here may be able to help me with - adapting my CVF Racing peanut style 7B10 compressor to the 1986 GM G Body receiver dryer and the condenser. Being an Aeroquip dealer, I would like to use their braided stainless A/C hose and their nickel plated hose ends:

https://www.eatonpowersource.com/aer...le-ac-fittings

What I can't seem to figure out yet is how to adapt the -8 and -10 Aeroquip o-ring style hose ends to the factory LARGE inlet on the receiver dryer and the factory condenser. I am looking at these Gotta Show adapters:

I *think* this may fit the large inlet on the factory receiver dryer - need to contact them to verify:
https://gottashow.com/product/343650...tion-line-kit/

Then I'm thinking one of these adapters should fit my factory condenser:
https://gottashow.com/product/343630...nser-line-kit/

Yes, I could TIG up some adaptations as a last resort, but this has got to be commonly available stuff by now, right? All of these late model engine swaps into G bodies and other later model GM vehicles, this has got to be figured out by now, though scouring the internet for information has not been as "been their / done that" as I would've expected - odd...

Fingers crossed that somebody here may be able to help? I have the connections at the compressor figured out, so just need to adapt to the 1986 GM A/C receiver dryer and the condenser.

Oh yeah - has anybody here worked with the variable orifice valve (VOV) AC Expansion / Orifice tubes? Of all of the hundreds of A/C conversions from R12 to R134a I have performed in my younger years working as an ASE Master Tech, this (new to me) variable orifice tube technology sounds really cool (pun intended lol) - thinking of giving it try, looking for any possible feedback on how this may have gone for anybody else that may have tried it?

Let me know guys - thank you kindly!

Paul M. Clark <-- the Ukrainian - Slava Ukraini !
Founder / Master Engineer
Hydratech Braking Systems ®
www.hydratechbraking.com
Old 03-15-2023, 07:34 PM

Following.
I will need similar info next winter. I quit doing AC work when R12 left.
Old 03-15-2023, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydratech® View Post
Oh yeah - has anybody here worked with the variable orifice valve (VOV) AC Expansion / Orifice tubes? Of all of the hundreds of A/C conversions from R12 to R134a I have performed in my younger years working as an ASE Master Tech, this (new to me) variable orifice tube technology sounds really cool (pun intended lol) - thinking of giving it try, looking for any possible feedback on how this may have gone for anybody else that may have tried it?

Let me know guys - thank you kindly!

Are you talking about the variable orifice tubes that go into the factory GM orifice opening? I've used them, but I can't say I saw a huge difference.