Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 04-03-2020, 01:42 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

So for anyone that ever searches for this again here is some information that I have found:

The 11x17 Edelbrock 15409 heat exchanger I was looking at handles 26,700 btu/hr.

Kong performance ZR1 Edelbrock heat exchanger handles 31,000 btu/hr.

After a few guys mentioned Setrab oil cooler as a heat exchanger I gave them a call. They are super helpful and have a ton of information and once I had btu/hr. numbers to compare with and telling them what I wanted to do they informed me that Paxton and ProCharger both use their 19 plate cooler for their kits with out problems.

They told me if I had a crazy flowing pump then yes, 2 coolers might work better for me. Using the Bosch pump I have they said I should zero problems with just one cooler and when I asked about part #50-934-7612 he said thats a 34 plate cooler and would be more then enough for my application. It handles 53,100-72,100 btu/hr. So even on the low side it will perform just as well if not better then the two 11x17 coolers I was planning that only handle 26,700 each.

So now armed with better information (which is why I do so much research before I buy) I can now have a better system, cheaper because of less parts, and less weight because of a smaller cooler and only needing one of them.
dhutton (04-03-2020)
Old 04-03-2020, 02:34 PM

Good Stuff!

I'm not sure if you purchased your pump yet but Lingenfelter made a pump that flowed better than the ZL1 and CTS-V pumps but below the ZR1 pump. They have a soft start and PWM capable.

https://www.lingenfelter.com/PDFdown...L330070000.pdf
Old 04-03-2020, 02:46 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicks67ca View Post
Good Stuff!

I'm not sure if you purchased your pump yet but Lingenfelter made a pump that flowed better than the ZL1 and CTS-V pumps but below the ZR1 pump. They have a soft start and PWM capable.

https://www.lingenfelter.com/PDFdown...L330070000.pdf
I have a stock Bosch pump for a V. I haven't committed to for sure yet though. I'm still kinda looking into the pump part right now.