Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Vendor Specific Technical Discussions and Support > Roadster Shop Chassis and Components
User Name
Password

Old 06-20-2018, 07:00 PM

Default 66 Chevelle Chassis

Hi Chris,

After many years I've narrowed my choices down to Roadster Shops SPEC and Fast Track Chassis. Originally the car was going to be street/strip without much consideration for handling but that has changed since it will be driven mostly on the street. I have some concerns that need to be addressed before moving forward.
Engine is a Dart 555 BBC with fuel injection. Lemons Headers fabbed a set of custom Pro-Touring headers that fit within the frame rails of the stock chassis. I would like for these to fit within the new chassis but if they don't does RS offer custom headers for BBC applications?
Is oil pan selection crucial for custom headers? I'm pretty sure a kick out style pan may not work because it looks like a tight fit. The one my engine builder is suggesting is Moroso 21047 pan.
Transmission is a 4l80e, I'm assuming that floor pan modifications are necessary.
Comparing the two chassis it appears that there are two 9 inch housings. Can a Strange Ultra Fab 9 go in either ones place?
I'm interested in the floater option which may be only available on the Fast Track chassis? Looking at Baers floater rear brake kit for this spindle.

Thanks, Dave

Last edited by Dchv66; 06-20-2018 at 07:03 PM. Reason: Tags
Old 06-21-2018, 11:30 AM
Supporting Vendor

RoadsterShop.com

Hi Dave,

See answers in bold, let us know if you have any other questions.

After many years I've narrowed my choices down to Roadster Shops SPEC and Fast Track Chassis. Excellent choices!! Originally the car was going to be street/strip without much consideration for handling but that has changed since it will be driven mostly on the street. I have some concerns that need to be addressed before moving forward.
Engine is a Dart 555 BBC with fuel injection. Lemons Headers fabbed a set of custom Pro-Touring headers that fit within the frame rails of the stock chassis. I would like for these to fit within the new chassis but if they don't does RS offer custom headers for BBC applications? Currently we do not offer custom headers for sale for the BBC applications but I can say with pretty good certainty that your current headers will not likely fit the Fast Track chassis. There is more room in the SPEC for clearance so they might fit the SPEC, but cannot say for sure. When we do a BBC build, we fabricate our own headers.
Is oil pan selection crucial for custom headers? Oil pan selection is primarily based on whether the engine fits the chassis or not, not necessarily the headers... I'm pretty sure a kick out style pan may not work because it looks like a tight fit. The one my engine builder is suggesting is Moroso 21047 pan. Most aftermarket engine pans will fit as long as they have a fairly shallow front pan section. If you want, you can give us the depth/dimensions of the oil pan, we can determine if it will fit or not.
Transmission is a 4l80e, I'm assuming that floor pan modifications are necessary. Yes, trans tunnel modification will be required for the 4l80.
Comparing the two chassis it appears that there are two 9 inch housings. Can a Strange Ultra Fab 9 go in either ones place? Unfortunately the chassis design doesn’t incorporate the Ultra Fab 9 as it does not work with our bracketry.
I'm interested in the floater option which may be only available on the Fast Track chassis? Correct, only available in fast track Looking at Baers floater rear brake kit for this spindle.

You can send dimensions of the oil pan to [email protected]
Dchv66 (06-21-2018)

Tags
new chassis, roadster shop