Default Sometimes things don't go as planned

Dbasher,
You really crack me up

thanks for the laugh

Bob
Old 09-13-2018, 11:34 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Thanked 1,076 Times in 384 Posts

Hey Sutton --- why not come on and explain to everyone how honest you are and how you're "no Frank at Prodigy"?

The latest info is that you were paid in full for my motor -- and we've had it for MONTHS -- but seems you never paid Scoggins Dickey for it..... Gee that seems real "un Frank like" to me.

Oh -- and how 'bout explaining the Track Warrior motor you sold - where the customer opened it up and nothing inside was what it was supposed to be.... And you have the balls to name drop Kurt Urban? Really? I can assure you he nor SDPC built motors with the wrong parts. YOU however spec the parts when you order them don't you.

The list grows and grows.

If you got his latest email trying to sell you parts from his inventory ---- watch out below -- because in the same breath he's telling his suppliers he's filing for Chapter 7. What does that mean?? It means that inventory is not his.... it's an asset that belongs to his creditors.

Oh and that SDPC Track Warrior motor he is offering --- yeah about that..... remember the customer "that is going a different direction".... a different direction because he's RUNNING AWAY from your phony spec motor that was discovered. That motor is most likely also not paid for - and would/could be subject to a clawback in a BK filing. Not to mention it isn't what he's claiming it to be. Gee --- "not Frank like at all". Nope -- perfectly on the up and up. LOL

Ditto all the "refunds" he's going to issue.... they would also be subject to a clawback. So good luck folks.

You just can't make this shi!t up!!

Last edited by GregWeld; 09-13-2018 at 11:38 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GregWeld For This Useful Post:
FETorino (09-14-2018), Flash68 (09-15-2018), Jtomas801 (09-14-2018)
Old 09-14-2018, 08:51 AM

Man, all things that have happened and I have to say what makes me the saddest, is that I have never had the chance to meet Greg in person. I'd down a lot of beers with this guy and hang out, race cars and talk shop.

In regards to Ron Sutton, myself and a few local guys learned a couple years ago to not rely on his services/knowledge.

-Gray
1969 Mach 1 Fastback | New Project
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BigBronco For This Useful Post:
Alponcho (09-14-2018), GregWeld (09-14-2018)
Old 09-14-2018, 10:31 AM
Lateral-g Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregWeld View Post
Hey Sutton --- why not come on and explain to everyone how honest you are and how you're "no Frank at Prodigy"?

The latest info is that you were paid in full for my motor -- and we've had it for MONTHS -- but seems you never paid Scoggins Dickey for it..... Gee that seems real "un Frank like" to me.

Oh -- and how 'bout explaining the Track Warrior motor you sold - where the customer opened it up and nothing inside was what it was supposed to be.... And you have the balls to name drop Kurt Urban? Really? I can assure you he nor SDPC built motors with the wrong parts. YOU however spec the parts when you order them don't you.

The list grows and grows.

If you got his latest email trying to sell you parts from his inventory ---- watch out below -- because in the same breath he's telling his suppliers he's filing for Chapter 7. What does that mean?? It means that inventory is not his.... it's an asset that belongs to his creditors.

Oh and that SDPC Track Warrior motor he is offering --- yeah about that..... remember the customer "that is going a different direction".... a different direction because he's RUNNING AWAY from your phony spec motor that was discovered. That motor is most likely also not paid for - and would/could be subject to a clawback in a BK filing. Not to mention it isn't what he's claiming it to be. Gee --- "not Frank like at all". Nope -- perfectly on the up and up. LOL

Ditto all the "refunds" he's going to issue.... they would also be subject to a clawback. So good luck folks.

You just can't make this shi!t up!!

Thanks to you someone may not be the next victim.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stuart Adams For This Useful Post:
DOOM (09-14-2018), fleetus macmullitz (09-14-2018), GregWeld (09-14-2018)
Old 09-14-2018, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBronco View Post
Man, all things that have happened and I have to say what makes me the saddest, is that I have never had the chance to meet Greg in person. I'd down a lot of beers with this guy and hang out, race cars and talk shop.

In regards to Ron Sutton, myself and a few local guys learned a couple years ago to not rely on his services/knowledge.

-Gray

What’s your bad experience, Gray?

Last edited by RidiCat69; 09-14-2018 at 12:27 PM.
Old 09-14-2018, 12:41 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBronco View Post
-Gray
Gray,

Greg is doing the HoF tour to GG Fort Worth. You can always meet him there.

I'd like to meet him, plus other as well, but my schedule won't work out.

Tu
Old 09-14-2018, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidiCat69 View Post
What’s your bad experience, Gray?
Nothing on the price scale of some of the people on this board, but I had a person come to me as a second opinion on a braking issue. RS swore about clamp flexing issues and other items along with a potential need to upgrade to a package of his.

In the end, we were able to find out the issue and help get all the braking issues solved without giving him a dime. After that, we felt that if someone we knew was wanting to spend money there on braking solutions, we would send them elsewhere. RS gave us that good snake oil salesman feel, you know what I mean.
1969 Mach 1 Fastback | New Project
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BigBronco For This Useful Post:
FETorino (09-14-2018), GregWeld (09-14-2018), Merritt5 (09-17-2018)
Old 09-14-2018, 07:15 PM

I guess I’ll go against the grain here an post my experience with Ron. I don’t expect this to carry much weight since I never post on this site but have been reading in here for as long as I can remember.

I started working with Ron in August of 2014 after reading about Lances Monte Carlo. I bought a full suspension setup from him for my Buick Grand National. I could not have been more pleased with the results of that car. Since then he has setup and provided the parts for my c5 Z06 and c6 z06 that are track cars. They also kicked ass, especially the c5Z that I used his Stoptech brakes on. In the past 4 years, between my cars and cars I work on, I have spent $30k+ with him. I understand this is chump change vs Greg’s car but the point is that it’s probably been over 20 orders and never had an issue with parts being delivered or small issues being corrected (got wrong brake lines). Yes at times he was hard to get a hold of but always got back to me.

It saddens me to see the issues between him and Greg (who I’ve never had contact with). The way I see it, Ron totally screwed up my saying he could build a car from scratch in 4 months. But to expect a car without issues in 4 months is also unrealistic (I will say that body work is probably the worst I’ve seen).. To me he over promised and under delivered but I’m still not convinced he’s a snake.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Paul69camaro For This Useful Post:
RidiCat69 (09-14-2018), Rmt (09-16-2018)
Old 09-14-2018, 09:10 PM

I have a DSE sway bar for my chevelle that I bought from another member either here or the other site. It came from frank... I mean ron sutton . Too bad I already picked up all the dog crap in the back yard. If I wait a week or 2 I'll have a use for the box.
Closed Thread