Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > Chassis and Suspension
User Name
Password

Old 11-12-2018, 01:06 PM

Default Dse leaf springs minitub

I got a dse minitub kit that came with my car when I bought it. I have not installed it for now. I read I little bit about leaf springs and some peoples complain about tire rub under hard cornering. My car is a street car but I will run 335 on the back and I need some feedback about the dse with the billet shackles and delrin bushing. Does the dse keep the diff at his place.
Its a second gen camaro.
Thanks
Louis
Old 11-15-2018, 08:25 AM

I’m really surprised no one has spoken up about this. I’ve never used DSE’s leaf spring/shackle setup, but I don’t think you’re going to find any leaf spring setup that is going to locate the axle as well as a panhard or watts link...a leaf spring is ALWAYS going to deflect.

Check these guys out http://fays2.net
They have an adjustable watts link setup you can add on with your leaf springs, and should you decide to change to a different suspension layout later like a 4-link, 3-link, or torque arm, you can still use this watts link.
Old 11-23-2018, 09:53 PM

Default They will deflect some

Leafs will deflect some. Add a watts link to them and make sure it doesn't. Like RidiCat69 said, if you decide to go with one of those other systems at a later date, you've already got side-to-side taken care of. Might want to consider rubber bushings or spherical bearings in the spring eyes instead of delrin as leafs will now really need to rotate as the suspension moves through it's travel. Depending on how hard you corner you may get tire deflection and rub even if the rear end doesn't move. 335's will be a squeeze.
Old 11-24-2018, 07:18 AM

I got delrin only in the shakle. Rubber in the front pocket. It will be a street car. Hard cornering on the street but no track. I just want a nice car to ride with the big meat look. I dont think I will put watts link or panhard. If I need more than leafs (I dont think) I will go with speedtech torque arm