Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > Chassis and Suspension
User Name
Password

Old 11-08-2005, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAZR1
Man,if everyone at Corner Carvers is like that fella,....
Just for the record, there's no one at CC with that user name. I'm guessing troll of enormous proportions.
Old 11-08-2005, 09:54 PM

Default Cc

Actually and I think you will agree with me Q' that CC isn't as bad as they were before. I had a problem with Jon A, he called me a F'n idiot for wanting to converge the lowers on my 3 link for my Camaro. I think Norm came to my defense. Can't remember it was so long ago.
As far as Lateral Dynamics, I see them going far and with the crew on board now,it can only get better! LOL I hope to be of some assistance in the near future.
I suspect Inpita is a competitor, maybe a voice from AME??
Vin
Old 11-08-2005, 09:56 PM

It didn't appear that the mystery man came by the booth, but I was not there at all times, the other guys didn't seem to think he did though. Honestly, he had some good questions, and I remain completely confident that if he were truly interested in the design, and asked the same questions in person, he'd be totally satisfied with the answers. And if not, well, we'd have (even more) work to do. Without a doubt, there were some really knowledgable folks that came by that had similar types of questions, we took it all in, and are going to make some changes as a result. Good ideas come from everyone, I have learned this so many times, and we certainly don't know it "all." What we "do" know, however, we are very confident in.

Next steps are creation of more platforms, and increasing our basis with more data. Specific, relevant, and documented. There is so much more to real product development than slapping together a design, and sending it to market, at least if it is done correctly.

So, what percentage of folks with interest in our product "need" tailpipes? We are already working on solutions, and will have one very soon, but this is an area that we might have been a little bold on in the early assumptions (i.e. thinking folks woudn't care if they wanted the best handling solution). Not a big deal in that we will solve the issue, but it is a curious question.

Mark
Old 11-09-2005, 12:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean 69
So, what percentage of folks with interest in our product "need" tailpipes? We are already working on solutions, and will have one very soon, but this is an area that we might have been a little bold on in the early assumptions (i.e. thinking folks woudn't care if they wanted the best handling solution). Not a big deal in that we will solve the issue, but it is a curious question.
Well, I'd be interested in tailpipes. I have to keep my car smog legal for stupid reasons, and that's something that would make it easier. That and it would make the car a bit quieter.
Old 11-09-2005, 10:14 AM

Tailpipes would definitely be nice, but not if they require the suspension to be compromised.
Old 11-09-2005, 10:47 AM
Supporting Member

Need tailpipes.
Old 11-09-2005, 10:48 AM

Here is the way I look at it if you want run this setup then you are pretty serious about performance. No one said that it would be easy to have both the performance 100% of the stock sheet metal in the car. So just cut out the trunk floor run the tail pipes up over everything and out the back. Then build the trunk back around the exhaust. Has any one ever seen the Trunk in JPs II Much all of the humps are not in there for looks the exhaust runs under them.
Old 11-09-2005, 04:12 PM

Default pipes

easy solution would be use the Spintech mufflers that the inlet and exhaust are on the same side of the muffler. Place the mufflers in the location everyone uses and run the exhaust in front of the rear wheels
Old 11-15-2005, 02:53 PM

Default I'm a total idiot, but......

I have always been under the assumption that the lower locating links had to be leave at ride height in order to keep the suspension for binding upon cornering. And with a variety of ride heights that you said this system was capable of with different coilover selections, is there an optimum shock length for this system or does ride height not affect the angle of the lower length. Or is each system built per the ride height of the customers specs.

I have no engineering degree or even a juinor college degree but just asking?
Do you see my friendly tone of voice in my Font. I'M JUST SAYING

Rodger
Old 11-15-2005, 06:36 PM

Actually, the lower link inclination, unless really severe(?) won't have a whole lot of influence on bind in roll, at least not with a three link. The lower inclination is important for a couple of really important factors, but as with everything, there isn't only "one" right answer. One very important aspect for the LCA inclination, however, is how the suspension will behave in bump. If the LCA's are angled downward from the rear of the car towards the front (as viewed from the side), then the car will probably be pretty harsh over bumps, in this situation, the differential will need to move forward as it rises. The only analogy I have for this one is a shopping cart: every once in a while, you can get the front wheels turned the opposite direction but still able to move forward. Hitting a small bump jolts the cart big time, the same thing would happen in the above LCA example.

Regarding the question of ride height, the toughest configuration to deal with is low ride heights, it makes the suspension geometry the most difficult to package and still get good behavior. Raising the car will cause the LCA's to be more inclined, and at a point, you'd want to change them to the upper locating hole (we have all of the goods for adjustment, etc, in the install instructions) to bring the angle back down a bit. It is not overly sensitive on our setup relative to other kits, in that we use really long control arms, so angular changes happen a lot slower (by design). Regardless, we included the other hole to accomodate a variety of ride height choices.

Spring/shock travel is not an issue either, in any ride height, there is plenty of travel in either direction, unless you want to go off-roading, which we wouldn't recommend.

Not sure I answered everything, if I overlooked something, let me know and I'll do my best.

Mark