Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Off Topic Forums
User Name
Password

Old 08-06-2015, 10:39 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sieg View Post
I think KTM takes pretty good care of Robbie.

Top ends on the 2-strokes are cheap and quick, all the chassis is powdercoated and the aluminum components are clear coated so it's probably not that bad. The sand cast head and barrel may be the exception.

The air intakes are located left and right in the lower rear portion of the seat and rear number plate junction. From my experience they are pretty water tight, at least in Oregon's winter woods riding.

Waaaaay water tight as you know. I've been tank deep a whole bunch of times and NO stalling, not once.

Sick video and riding for sure. He had some pretty good falls getting prepped for this vid.
You can tell, they couldn't time the pipeline just right. I can't even imagine how hard this must be to pull off. such talent....the bar just keeps gettin set higher...and higher...
Old 08-11-2015, 10:49 AM

We were talking about this on Saturday.

He had air bags that he would deploy if he knew that he was going down. That prevented the bike from hitting the ocean floor.

He crashed/wiped out 30 times.

They also picked the 250 2-Stroke purely because of how easy it was to rebuild. It had enough power and was way easier to rebuild than a 450 4-stroke.

Overall I think it was absolutely awesome. Robbie is always pushing the envelope!
Old 08-11-2015, 02:00 PM

I figured they had some sort of life vest system for the bike as crashes are inevitable filming in those conditions. Robbie had to be having a great time!

The 2-stroke besides being cheaper and less sensitive to water is 15 lbs. lighter and if it was a 250SX it pulls harder than the 450SX. The newer 250SX's are scary fast in a good way.
Old 08-11-2015, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sieg View Post
I figured they had some sort of life vest system for the bike as crashes are inevitable filming in those conditions. Robbie had to be having a great time!

The 2-stroke besides being cheaper and less sensitive to water is 15 lbs. lighter and if it was a 250SX it pulls harder than the 450SX. The newer 250SX's are scary fast in a good way.
KTM always had fast bikes. I remember their 250 2-strokes being much faster than a YZ or CR.