Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > Wheels and Tires
User Name
Password

Old 05-08-2019, 10:26 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Default 315’s on a 10” wheel

Looking like the biggest wheels I’m going to be able to fit is a 20x10 in the rear and 19x10 in the front. I’m wanting to run 315’s front and rear. Tire Rack says 315’s need a 10.5-11.5” wheel (same with 305’s before anyone says to run that) and a 10” wheel can fit up to a 295. Anyone running 315’s on a 10”?

Literally any wider of rim will hit the control arms and if I go with less offset I’ll have to cut quarters and fenders to fit them. Trying to avoid that, but if it comes down to it I’ll stuff bigger rubber under it.
Old 05-09-2019, 06:57 AM

It is VERY common, in the Pantera world, to run a 315 ( and even more common to run a 335 ) on 11" rim. You will be fine with a 315 ON A 10" rim. Not ideal but completely fine.

Ron
Old 05-09-2019, 07:52 AM

What are you doing with the car?

Cruiser, maybe some autocross, have at it. But really what's the point other than saying you have 315s? I pity the fool that has to mount them.

Lots of autocross and trackdays? I wouldn't, I have 305s on 19x10s on a new 1LE and the beads won't seat without fire and the turn in is garbage.

When you get into 30 series tires, they are not happy being pinched on the rim. It is a rare occasion that an overtired rim will actually be quick enough to offset what you gave up in feel and predictability. This also happens in the rear, a pinched tire will load up on the sidewall and suddenly snap into oversteer instead of gradually breaking away.

Support your local hot rod shop!
The Following User Says Thank You to dontlifttoshift For This Useful Post:
jarhead (05-09-2019)
Old 05-09-2019, 08:22 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontlifttoshift View Post
What are you doing with the car?

Cruiser, maybe some autocross, have at it. But really what's the point other than saying you have 315s? I pity the fool that has to mount them.

Lots of autocross and trackdays? I wouldn't, I have 305s on 19x10s on a new 1LE and the beads won't seat without fire and the turn in is garbage.

When you get into 30 series tires, they are not happy being pinched on the rim. It is a rare occasion that an overtired rim will actually be quick enough to offset what you gave up in feel and predictability. This also happens in the rear, a pinched tire will load up on the sidewall and suddenly snap into oversteer instead of gradually breaking away.
1. I have to mount them lol.

2. Yes, track days, autocross, but mostly cruiser.

I have a guy that I know that said his buddy has a Wheel Fit tire tool that I can borrow. I'm going to see what I can get away with and try and get back down into the 18's. The numbers I was using were from a C7 Z51 front and rear wheel. I guess I could have a set of street wheels with 315's and a set of R comps in the 295's for autocross and track days.