Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > EFI and Forced Induction
User Name
Password

Old 03-14-2013, 05:05 PM

Holley’s Terminator EFI

http://www.enginelabs.com/features/s...nascar-design/

Accelerating is optional...........stopping is mandatory. Your car WILL stop one way or another.
Old 03-15-2013, 09:25 AM

Im all for the aftermarket EFI on Gen1 stuff but, Id agree that a drop in LSx 5.3 w/ headers and cam would probably fall in real.close cost-wise if you did the drop in yourself.

If aftermarket is the way you want to go...the Avenger TBI or wait it out for the Terminator EFI. Both will get you converted with the latest in technology, basic self learn and optional full laptop programming. Either can support LSx, CnP, MPFI later down the road.
Old 03-15-2013, 11:01 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Thanked 2,256 Times in 1,369 Posts

Skip
Old 03-15-2013, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 64duece View Post
Im all for the aftermarket EFI on Gen1 stuff but, Id agree that a drop in LSx 5.3 w/ headers and cam would probably fall in real.close cost-wise if you did the drop in yourself.

If aftermarket is the way you want to go...the Avenger TBI or wait it out for the Terminator EFI. Both will get you converted with the latest in technology, basic self learn and optional full laptop programming. Either can support LSx, CnP, MPFI later down the road.
It's hard for me to justify spending 2000 or more on an efi set up when I can get a complete 5.3 for much less, plus my car needs a tank anyway so that had to happen, and I'm going to take my time and search for deals on the parts
Thanks
Old 03-17-2013, 06:31 PM

I have seen plenty of deals here on the forums for Gen 1 SBC EFI. I got an Accel DFI setup for $1000 used and it's port injection which IMO is hands down better than throttle body. Keep your eyes open. There are people selling off a lot of good SBC parts because of the LS craze.
Old 03-17-2013, 07:14 PM

I'm keeping all options open as I Start the parts search thanks
Old 03-28-2013, 07:57 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Do some searching through this forum and you will find 100 posts just like this. All of your EFI questions have been answered! I'm a FAST dealer and they do well for me.. Mark loves his ACCEL systems and swears by them.. For every brand we likely have an expert here on the board that can give you the plusses and minueses of each system.

Coming from an OE background and now being in the custom muscle car business there are several good EFI solutions but it really is hard to compare with the millions of dollars that the OE's spend getting their drivability spot on. If this is to be a daily driver and you aren't looking for 1000 hp it is really hard to beat dropping in an engine that runs a factory EFI system that you can tweak on.
Old 03-28-2013, 11:07 PM

While I realize there are some pricey set-ups out there I have to tell you I really love the look of my polished Holley Stealth Ram. This set up might be a bit much in price but don't forget there are a ton of guys out there who never finish their projects and you can score a great deal like I did on a brand new un-used unit.

If you can wait, do your research and decide what you want and be ready when a deal comes along. Just my two cents.

'67 Camaro SS

How hard can it be?

Project Obsession
https://lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php4?t=40384
Old 03-29-2013, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revved View Post
Do some searching through this forum and you will find 100 posts just like this. All of your EFI questions have been answered! I'm a FAST dealer and they do well for me.. Mark loves his ACCEL systems and swears by them.. For every brand we likely have an expert here on the board that can give you the plusses and minueses of each system.

Coming from an OE background and now being in the custom muscle car business there are several good EFI solutions but it really is hard to compare with the millions of dollars that the OE's spend getting their drivability spot on. If this is to be a daily driver and you aren't looking for 1000 hp it is really hard to beat dropping in an engine that runs a factory EFI system that you can tweak on.
Thanks the parts list was a little too long for my finances right now so im waiting a while just grabbed a 700r4 so that's where I'm at now
Old 03-29-2013, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd in vancouver View Post
While I realize there are some pricey set-ups out there I have to tell you I really love the look of my polished Holley Stealth Ram. This set up might be a bit much in price but don't forget there are a ton of guys out there who never finish their projects and you can score a great deal like I did on a brand new un-used unit.

If you can wait, do your research and decide what you want and be ready when a deal comes along. Just my two cents.
Stealth ram is nice I'm def keeping my options open and I'm in no rush
Thanks so much for the responses