Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > Interior and Electrical
User Name
Password

Old 08-15-2020, 12:00 PM

Default Coyote help needed

Hi guys, I just noticed my fan isn’t turning on ( 2011 coyote crate and frpp controls pack ). The fan is aftermarket with a fuse ( fuse is good ) I ran power to the fan and it works. I checked the 40 amp fuse in the controls pack and it’s good and there is power at the terminal. Next I went to check the relay which leads to one of my 2 problems
The relay shattered going to remove it. I went to my local ford dealership but they can’t find a replacement part number, they called ford performance and they were told they think it’s not replaceable? And I will probably damage the circuit board trying to remove it?
So the 2 problems are I don’t know it I should even be trying to remove what remains ( I really think it is at minimum stuck not at all loose ) and even if I get it out I can’t find replacement
And 2, my fan is still not diagnosed
Ideas? Thanks
Old 08-15-2020, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter McMahon View Post
Hi guys, I just noticed my fan isn’t turning on ( 2011 coyote crate and frpp controls pack ). The fan is aftermarket with a fuse ( fuse is good ) I ran power to the fan and it works. I checked the 40 amp fuse in the controls pack and it’s good and there is power at the terminal. Next I went to check the relay which leads to one of my 2 problems
The relay shattered going to remove it. I went to my local ford dealership but they can’t find a replacement part number, they called ford performance and they were told they think it’s not replaceable? And I will probably damage the circuit board trying to remove it?
So the 2 problems are I don’t know it I should even be trying to remove what remains ( I really think it is at minimum stuck not at all loose ) and even if I get it out I can’t find replacement
And 2, my fan is still not diagnosed
Ideas? Thanks
Possibly a water temp sensor issue or connection issue where it's not sending the signal to turn the fans on?

This thread is pretty much the bible for Coyote aftermarket when I was building my Cobra with a Gen 2 Coyote. Paul is really good about getting on the phone and helping people diagnose Coyote issues.

https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...iversary-Build
The Following User Says Thank You to RDuke For This Useful Post:
camcojb (08-15-2020)
Old 08-15-2020, 07:19 PM

Thanks, I’ll try get in touch with him
The black relay looking item under the purple one is what I have broken. I just looked at it again and think it is non replaceable. Pretty sure this is going to get expensive damn it.
Attached Images

Old 08-16-2020, 06:50 AM

Any decent electronics tech could desolder and replace that relay. The part number is on it. Google it.

Don