Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > Paint and Body
User Name
Password

Old 06-07-2009, 03:14 PM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70TWO NOVA View Post
your right, I dont appreciate your "comments" especially considering that you were not there to see every step of the process. I know what Iam doing works and I know there are other techniques other than my own. I understand what works and what doesnt by this point and just because you dont do it that way doesnt mean you need to criticize my work. For your info there was no old paint or loose dirt that you seem to think is there. The car was thoroughly cleaned and like i said before you were not there every step and the pictures i posted are just snapshots of the process, not every step of the way. Also I dont know where you think I used the puddy as a skim coat, but as you can see it was in places to fill pin holes.
I'll reply with your older post

Quote:
John510; thanks for the compliments, i really appreciate it. I agree with you 100%, i mean i do ask for criticism, thats why i post my work on here. But i would hope that people understand that im 22 and a beginner at this

Elite Custom Body

1998 Supra APU 6spd
2007 TBSS
1998 GS400TT widebody
1969 Firebird
1979 Firebird LS3,DSE,Baer
1938 Dodge LC pickup
Old 06-07-2009, 03:31 PM
Supporting Member

Quote:
thanks, I appreciate it. The acrylic glazing putty works great, I have been using it for years and have never had a shrinking or cracking issue, nor any rust from under the paint. I do take the time to thoroughly clean everything beforehand. Ill post up some more pics as the progress continues.

using it for years? I thought you were a beginner in this? ,Oh,wait, I found your post from few months back

Quote:
Well i appreciate your criticism, but you have been doing this for 18 years and i have been doing it for like 1 year consistantly if that, so please keep in mind in new at this painting thing.....

Once again, take advice from people who have been doing it alot longer than you and know what works and how well it works ,

also your pictures don't lie, you have bondo feathered on top of crud, that car should have been blasted or atleast the areas that you covered up with filler, I can also bet that the rust holes on the leading edge of the roof were just covered up with filler ,not welded up,

I can't blame you ,cause you're just starting, but don't get all worked up ,when someone with over 20 years of real experience gives you advice or comments on your work.

Judging by pics in other thread, looks like you can colorsand and buff,I give you that ,I'd just hate to see slick paint job go to waste when all the rust and bubbles start coming thru

Elite Custom Body

1998 Supra APU 6spd
2007 TBSS
1998 GS400TT widebody
1969 Firebird
1938 Dodge LC pickup
Old 06-07-2009, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elitecustombody View Post
using it for years? I thought you were a beginner in this? ,Oh,wait, I found your post from few months back

Once again, take advice from people who have been doing it alot longer than you and know what works and how well it works ,

also your pictures don't lie, you have bondo feathered on top of crud, that car should have been blasted or atleast the areas that you covered up with filler, I can also bet that the rust holes on the leading edge of the roof were just covered up with filler ,not welded up,

I can't blame you ,cause you're just starting, but don't get all worked up ,when someone with over 20 years of real experience gives you advice or comments on your work.

Judging by pics in other thread, looks like you can colorsand and buff,I give you that ,I'd just hate to see slick paint job go to waste when all the rust and bubbles start coming thru
like I said Ive been doing it consistantly for about a year. But off and on for at least 4. So yeah using it for years is an accurate statement. Thanks for trying though. I must be doing something right for having at least 8+ months of work scheduled if i wanted it. You must be a real busy guy though with your paint work if you have time to come on here and bash other painters work and teqhniques because they differ from your own. Thanks for the try bud, but i will take advice from macco before Id ask you for any assistance.

get a life....
-1967 C-10 step side 4x4
-2000 Dodge Dakota

it'll buff out........
Old 06-07-2009, 11:11 PM

Quote:

once again, the pictures do not show the entire process and for you to pass judgement when you were not there to see what was sanded, welded and cleaned is just plain ludicrous. Come see what i do every step of the way and i would be happy to listen to your criticism, but seeing a few random pics of the progress at different stages and to say i did it wrong is stupid. Also the cars I painted years ago (using the same processes) are still looking just as good to this day with no rust or issues whatsoever. Time does tell and if rust was to form it would have after 3 to 4 years without being consistantly garaged. Like i said before, I know what stupid things not to do like cover rust and crap with filler, I will admit to being an amature but i will not admit to being just plain stupid like you make me out to be.
-1967 C-10 step side 4x4
-2000 Dodge Dakota

it'll buff out........
Old 06-07-2009, 11:30 PM
Supporting Member

Quote:
like I said Ive been doing it consistantly for about a year. But off and on for at least 4. So yeah using it for years is an accurate statement. Thanks for trying though. I must be doing something right for having at least 8+ months of work scheduled if i wanted it. You must be a real busy guy though with your paint work if you have time to come on here and bash other painters work and teqhniques because they differ from your own. Thanks for the try bud, but i will take advice from macco before Id ask you for any assistance.

get a life....

LMAO! it's sunday in Florida,not sure what time or day is in your neck of the woods , I think I deserve some rest, I worked all day yesterday and got home at 10:30 pm. And sorry, I don't assist ,you need to ask Maaco,I've been wondering why your paint looks like painted undercoating/chip guard. I'm not assisting, just giving you some pointers, use slow hardener and maybe invest in a better spray gun, that way you won't have to waste countless hours blocking that chip guard orangpeel, you're welcome

You could schedule 5 years of $10/hour work, knock yourself out,

Elite Custom Body

1998 Supra APU 6spd
2007 TBSS
1998 GS400TT widebody
1969 Firebird
1938 Dodge LC pickup
Old 06-08-2009, 12:00 AM

Quote:
LMAO! it's sunday in Florida,not sure what time or day is in your neck of the woods , I think I deserve some rest, I worked all day yesterday and got home at 10:30 pm. And sorry, I don't assist ,you need to ask Maaco,I've been wondering why your paint looks like painted undercoating/chip guard. I'm not assisting, just giving you some pointers, use slow hardener and maybe invest in a better spray gun, that way you won't have to waste countless hours blocking that chip guard orangpeel, you're welcome

You could schedule 5 years of $10/hour work, knock yourself out,
so your idea of rest is putting other peoples work down? thats very humble of you. When i said assistance i didnt mean literally, what i meant by that was advice, you can read into stuff i hope and not take everything i say literally. Either way this doesnt look like undercoating/chip gaurd to me for not being color sanded yet...

and as far as i can see the only thing you are good at are insults.
Either way im done bickering with you and refuse to waste any more of my time on you. I hope you feel better about yourself. I know i sure do, at least im not you....
Id much rather work $10 an hour jobs the rest of my life than ever work for a person like you.
-1967 C-10 step side 4x4
-2000 Dodge Dakota

it'll buff out........

Last edited by 70TWO NOVA; 06-08-2009 at 12:06 AM.
Old 06-08-2009, 12:13 AM
Supporting Member

Sorry for speaking the truth,didn't mean to put anyone's work down,simply posted constructive critisizm comment along with some advice, I like truth better than nutswinging,sugarcoating and brownnosing,below are photos of your work

I guess you figured out how to spray better on that fender,keep it up
Old 06-08-2009, 08:09 PM

Quote:
I guess you figured out how to spray better on that fender,keep it up
thanks chief, will do
-1967 C-10 step side 4x4
-2000 Dodge Dakota

it'll buff out........
Old 06-18-2009, 10:03 AM

Any more progress? I'd like to see some more pics
Old 06-18-2009, 05:05 PM

here are some from today. Sealer tomarrow and possibly paint on sat.

-1967 C-10 step side 4x4
-2000 Dodge Dakota

it'll buff out........