Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Project Updates
User Name
Password

Old 03-07-2018, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slenning View Post
Okay, as is fairly obvious to anyone reading my build threads I'm lousy at keeping up to date. But this time I have somewhat of an excuse Basically my last update was that I had gotten the Camaro from the body shop and back into my shop on Dec. 1st. That same week the committee for our local indoor car show met and my car was picked to be the feature car for the show.
Great!!!
except the car show was Feb. 2-4. Oh boy, no pressure I assembled my 69 in 3 1/2 months and thought I did good. The other problem we had was the feature car is always "featured" on the posters and billboards advertising the show as well as on the cover of our local Motor Market magazine. I gave Ben Hermance a call and had him update my original rendering with a few changes.
Added the Z28 vent to the hood, changed the wheels to the Forgeline GA3R's that I ended up with, darkened the blue a bit, etc.

The updated rendering was used on all of the advertising mentioned above. The magazine also used it and a bunch of build pictures in a story promoting the car show. It was the first time the magazine had used anything but an actual photo on the cover but said they had a lot of positive comments!! Thanks Ben!!! Sorry to everyone else for the long winded story.

Oh btw as you can tell by my avatar I did get the car "done" for the show but have a lot of loose ends to tie up before spring!

Stunning! The car looks awesome!
Old 03-07-2018, 02:54 PM

Just curious..... Did you have any issues with body movement when you cut the floor pan out. I see you had the car on the rotisserie at the time?? I'm contemplating doing the same full replacement rather than "patch mine in.....

Thanks, Dave
Old 10-15-2019, 06:49 AM

What's the front track width for this set-up?