Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Project Updates
User Name
Password

Old 08-02-2019, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rixtrix1 View Post
C-clip elininators are really just for drag racing as the bearings are really too small for any serious corner carving. Every one I've seen or serviced leaked from the kit to axle o-ring. Even standard "ford-type" bearings are really not very long lasting, especially if you plan on a lot of miles. JMO
Thanks
Old 08-02-2019, 07:13 PM

Good call here is what Moser has on their WEB site about C-Clip eliminators:

Can C-Clip Eliminators be used on the street?

A. We do NOT recommend using C-Clip Eliminators for street use; a C-Clip Eliminator is made for drag race only ( As a safety issue so you do not loose an axle, if it breaks ).C-Clip Eliminators are made for the straight shot down the strip. If you use C-Clip Eliminators on the street the aluminum block will eventually flex from cornering or just going around curves causing the C-Clip Eliminator to leak Rear-end fluid.
Old 08-04-2019, 07:13 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

That's why I recommended you change the housing ends to the big Ford ends which will hold Torino tapered bearings. Here's what I put on my 10 bolt. Pretty sure it'll fit your 12 bolt, too. Tobin/Kore3 has a kit that will fit these ends.

https://www.moserengineering.com/790...lip-axles.item

Current rides: 2000 BMW 540i/6 and 86 C10.

Former ride: 1979 Trans Am WS6: LT1/T56, Kore 3 C5/6 brakes, BMW 18in rims
Old 08-04-2019, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSSix View Post
That's why I recommended you change the housing ends to the big Ford ends which will hold Torino tapered bearings. Here's what I put on my 10 bolt. Pretty sure it'll fit your 12 bolt, too. Tobin/Kore3 has a kit that will fit these ends.

Thanks I will give them call tomorrow. Took it out to flush out the issues and the front end is certainly in need of tightening up to include shocks. The engine is very stout for a 350, its cam is pretty pronounced, still want more power. The M23 shifts a lot better than my TKO which is surprising.
Old 08-06-2019, 05:07 PM

Quote:

I spoke with Moser and they stick to what I took off their web site and do not recommend C-Clips eliminators except for drag racing. Once I get my engine and new trans setup I will attack the suspension. Would like to sell the 350/drivetrain first.
Old 08-07-2019, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vstol View Post
No purist here as you can see from my other builds. Do you have a picture of what you are talking about?

this is a real split bumper front end -see above- notice the park lights are round on upper valence and above bumpers what some people do is remove the STD long bumper and leave U&L valances std and park lights are below the bumper
also on the RS front end there is an extended "beak" if you will that protrudes forward
that's all, in previous years RS cars had the hideaway lights and different taillights the 70-72 they changed from fender to fender and hood forward
carry on now
90 Formula / Firehawk clone
1999 Firehawk
1969 Chevelle SS 396
Old 08-07-2019, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZMAN1969 View Post

this is a real split bumper front end -see above- notice the park lights are round on upper valence and above bumpers what some people do is remove the STD long bumper and leave U&L valances std and park lights are below the bumper
also on the RS front end there is an extended "beak" if you will that protrudes forward
that's all, in previous years RS cars had the hideaway lights and different taillights the 70-72 they changed from fender to fender and hood forward
carry on now
Thanks, I see the difference. I had a 396 Camaro when I was 18 I wish I had it back.
Old 08-07-2019, 07:50 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vstol View Post
I spoke with Moser and they stick to what I took off their web site and do not recommend C-Clips eliminators except for drag racing. Once I get my engine and new trans setup I will attack the suspension. Would like to sell the 350/drivetrain first.
What did they recommend? I'm not recommending a c-clip eliminator kit.

Current rides: 2000 BMW 540i/6 and 86 C10.

Former ride: 1979 Trans Am WS6: LT1/T56, Kore 3 C5/6 brakes, BMW 18in rims
Old 08-08-2019, 06:35 PM

Quote:
What did they recommend? I'm not recommending a c-clip eliminator kit.
Trey let me regroup with them I might have miss led them I thought you were advocating for C-clip eliminators.
Old 08-13-2019, 05:12 AM

Quote:

Trey I called Moser and now I understand what you were saying. Big Ford housing ends with new axels so they can have the tapered bearings. Got it and thanks. You said you like your AFCO Coil over shocks?