Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Project Updates
User Name
Password

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-19-2012, 11:26 PM

Default 67 GTO - Budget pro-touring/track car

I have been lurking for quite a while, and i finally feel like i am making enough headway to start a thread.

I got this car at 15 after the first "father/son" gto project was just too much to take on anymore. I never went through PHS to verify the options but looked to be white originally, a 400 with a 2bbl carb , front bench seat, power rear antenna, and a vinyl top. The old 400 made it about a year when water started showing up in the oil, which was fine because it was the perfect excuse for a 455! In 2006 i moved away to college to start Auto Body collision repair school and brought the car with me. I decided to have a friend take some nice pictures of the car for me, and got quite a few good ones! Well, the last shot of the day i thought it would be a good idea to have a picture of a burnout. Great right?! Well, my idea following that was complete ignorance. I wanted to continue the burnout past the photographer and have her take a picture of me going away from her. So to do that i felt it necessary to hold the pedal down as long as possible. The car started tossing back and forth slightly and once i felt it couldnt go any farther i hit the brakes. The old drums on all 4 corners worked enough to upset the balance of the car even more, but didnt help enough to slow her down. The guardrail, and the tree sure helped though.

Now, 2 years prior to this my mom and dad got divorced. When this happened, my father had already stopped talking to me, and when i talked to him about it he said some very hurtful things to me, and about the car. After that I became depressed for a few years, debated on sending it to the crusher, selling it, etc. Finally i decided that was enough, that he was wrong, that i have the will power and drive to fix her and shove it in his face! The name of the project has been decided. Project VENDETTA!

Here is a little photoshop work i have done to a previous Nelson Super Cars rendering. Everything is just an idea, and I will get a better rendering done when i have a better idea of what i want. But some ideas are tucked bumpers, Do away with as much chrome as possible!, 70-72 chevelle SS cowl, one off sideskirts for side exit exhaust, and stretched quarter panels and front fenders. the front splitter is to resemble one from a new challenger

When i brought it to college with me.

One of my favorite pics from the photoshoot day.

The infamous "burnout pic" If you read the story above. you know what picture follows this

Her resting spot.

Inspecting the damage

1967 GTO, LS2 T56

WILWOOD FORGELINE RIDETECH
$10k Budget driver/ track car

Last edited by 67goatman455; 12-29-2012 at 12:21 AM.