Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Project Updates
User Name
Password

Old 07-30-2019, 09:01 AM

Default BMR Torque Arm + 295/40/18

The 295s fit great with the BMR Torque Arm and I think even with the flatter wheel opening on your Camaro they would work if you look at how far inside the wheel lip the tires are tucked on my car. There's also good clearance before the tire would contact the rear of the inner wheel well on the inside. Early Firebirds don't have the seat belt bludge in the front of the inner wheel well but if your Camaro does a BFH should easily adjust for any needed clearance there.
Attached Images

Hoodpins.com, Inland Empire Driveline, Billet Accessories Direct, Modo Innovations, AutoRad Radiators, Morris Classic Concepts, Marquez Design, Anvil Auto, Fesler Billet, US Collision (DOOM), AGR, Pro-touringF-body.com, Phoenix Transmission Products, Shiftworks, ACC Carpet, Hedman Hedders, BMR Fabrication, American Autowire, MityMounts, TIN INDIAN Performance, Kauffman Racing Equipment, Pypes, RobbMc Performance, WMC, Holley, NOS, PST
Old 07-30-2019, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLDFLM View Post
The 295s fit great with the BMR Torque Arm and I think even with the flatter wheel opening on your Camaro they would work if you look at how far inside the wheel lip the tires are tucked on my car. There's also good clearance before the tire would contact the rear of the inner wheel well on the inside. Early Firebirds don't have the seat belt bludge in the front of the inner wheel well but if your Camaro does a BFH should easily adjust for any needed clearance there.
Thanks this really helps how do you like the setup? I spoke with BMR today and they are pretty much saying what you are and a mini tub even better. Did you keep your C-clips or go with a C-clip eliminator? I assume the stock gas tank still fits.
Old 07-31-2019, 08:35 AM

Default 10 years on BMR

Stock rear end upgraded 31-spline axles, posi, KORE3 brakes, etc.

Stock Goodmark replacement tank... 3" exhaust cleared everything... 2.5" tailpipes would be even better/easier.

I LOVE the ride with the BMR torque arm and their uppers/lowers and sway bar up front! I have AFCO coilovers front and rear... the ride is very compliant and comfortable, yet also very solid with great traction and cornering. I think it's the best of everything honestly!

You'll find other threads where the torque arm and 3/4-links are compared and for a dual purpose street/track car most all agree that a torque arm is the way to go...

My 2 cents. HTH
Hoodpins.com, Inland Empire Driveline, Billet Accessories Direct, Modo Innovations, AutoRad Radiators, Morris Classic Concepts, Marquez Design, Anvil Auto, Fesler Billet, US Collision (DOOM), AGR, Pro-touringF-body.com, Phoenix Transmission Products, Shiftworks, ACC Carpet, Hedman Hedders, BMR Fabrication, American Autowire, MityMounts, TIN INDIAN Performance, Kauffman Racing Equipment, Pypes, RobbMc Performance, WMC, Holley, NOS, PST

Last edited by OLDFLM; 08-05-2019 at 08:23 AM.
Old 07-31-2019, 12:32 PM

vstol, thank you and your family for service and sacrifice.
I like the direction of your build and I have one suggestion or actually more of a pet peeve of mine would be to complete the rest of the front RS "split bumper" front end (U+L headers and endura nose and grills) or go back to a std front bumper. I guess it was bought like this, good looking car otherwise, I guess I'm a bit of a purist
90 Formula / Firehawk clone
1999 Firehawk
1969 Chevelle SS 396
Old 07-31-2019, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Stock rear end upgraded with C-clip eliminators, 31-spline axles, posi, etc.

Stock Goodmark replacement tank... 3" exhaust cleared everything... 2.5" tailpipes would be even better/easier.

I LOVE the ride with the BMR torque arm and their uppers/lowers and sway bar up front! I have AFCO coilovers front and rear... the ride is very compliant and comfortable, yet also very solid with great traction and cornering. I think it's the best of everything honestly!

You'll find other threads where the torque arm and 3/4-links are compared and for a dual purpose street/track car most all agree that a torque arm is the way to go...

My 2 cents. HTH
Thanks
Old 07-31-2019, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZMAN1969 View Post
vstol, thank you and your family for service and sacrifice.
I like the direction of your build and I have one suggestion or actually more of a pet peeve of mine would be to complete the rest of the front RS "split bumper" front end (U+L headers and endura nose and grills) or go back to a std front bumper. I guess it was bought like this, good looking car otherwise, I guess I'm a bit of a purist
No purist here as you can see from my other builds. Do you have a picture of what you are talking about?
Old 07-31-2019, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Stock rear end upgraded with C-clip eliminators, 31-spline axles, posi, etc.

My 2 cents. HTH
with the c lip eliminaters what brake set up did you use?
Old 08-01-2019, 10:05 AM

Default KORE3 Brakes

One call to Tobin at KORE3 and you'll be set!

I've been running his manual C5/C6 hybrid setup front and rear with a Wilwood master cylinder.
Old 08-01-2019, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vstol View Post
with the c lip eliminaters what brake set up did you use?
C-clip elininators are really just for drag racing as the bearings are really too small for any serious corner carving. Every one I've seen or serviced leaked from the kit to axle o-ring. Even standard "ford-type" bearings are really not very long lasting, especially if you plan on a lot of miles. JMO

2002 S-10, Daily Driver and autoX
1966 Chevelle MALIBU ( mine since 1971) Drag car converting to a track car!
Old 08-02-2019, 06:54 PM

Quote:
One call to Tobin at KORE3 and you'll be set!

I've been running his manual C5/C6 hybrid setup front and rear with a Wilwood master cylinder.
great thanks