Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Classifieds > What's it Worth
User Name
Password

Old 10-22-2019, 06:48 PM

Default 2011 Z06 LS7 engine

Trying to figure out what this engine is worth. It does need a sleeve and fix the block(hairline crack) next to cracked sleeve. Heads are perfect. Had 45k miles on it. Long block. Valve covers to oil pan. Pretty sure I’m ready to sell rather than build at this time. Thanks for any advice or if interested.
Old 10-22-2019, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOURN66 View Post
Trying to figure out what this engine is worth. It does need a sleeve and fix the block(hairline crack) next to cracked sleeve. Heads are perfect. Had 45k miles on it. Long block. Valve covers to oil pan. Pretty sure I’m ready to sell rather than build at this time. Thanks for any advice or if interested.
Running used LS7’s are going for $8 to $10k. The cracked sleeve will kill the value here. 9 times out of 10, the aluminum around the sleeve is damaged (which you’ve stated that it is indeed cracked) and unfixable, rendering the $3700 block useless. Steve at RED is the best in the country at anything sleeve related, and could tell you if it’s repairable, as he’s done hundreds if not thousands of LS7 sleeve jobs.
To add insult to injury here, the LS7 heads have an inherent geometry issue and eat guides, which wears the valves and causes major issues. Heads will need to be sent out and “fixed” with new guides and likely valves. I’m not sure there is an honest fix for the heads, as many folks having the “fix” done, report back that after xxx amount of miles, the guides are back out of spec. Do a search over on Corvette Forum.
I’m not gonna put a value on what you have, because I can’t do that, but I’d bet you’d make more parting it out.
70 velle' on custom chassis w/custom RideTech coilovers, RED sleeved 434” with Mamo 265’s, F-body Magnum, 12 bolt 3:73, wilwood 6/4's, bla, bla, bla...build. thread https://lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php4?t=39631
New 434” engine build here https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...ved-block.html

Thanks Dad!!

My Chevelle is old school... It has a belt driven power steering pump.
They're 17's, but I keep em clean!
The Following User Says Thank You to Che70velle For This Useful Post:
TOURN66 (10-23-2019)