Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Project Updates
User Name
Password

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-28-2018, 10:20 PM

Default Project "Memory Maker" 1968 Camaro

Well... With the 55 in for paint the wife talked me into pulling out the 68 Camaro and make a family project out of it and get it running. So my oldest and I picked it up and brought it home. She ain't the purdiest thang, but she is solid. All original paint, minus the addition of the SS hood and smooth deck lid (which are both orig in their own right) which my buddy, who I bought it from, put on. He also had some rust repairs done around the back window, hence the primer. First time she has seen daylight in 9 years since I bought it on 2009. It has been off the road since 1984. This part of the project will be to simply get it running and driving. A few years ago our resident Curtis Osgood, aka Spiffav8, parted out his 67 Camaro as he was going full pro touring treatment. So I bought everything from bumper to bumper underneath which consisted of worked over 454 LS-6 (Old school) 5 speed TKO, 3.42 12 bolt posi, full hotchkis suspension including springs, shocks and sway bars, Lee steering box, disc brakes, etc... All of which ran exceptional in his car. The plan is to swap all of that into this. Interior is actually really nice. All factory deluxe and will just need a good cleaning for now. Looking forward to working on this together. Teach the kids the ins and outs of cars. Once the 55 is done the plan will be to go completely through it and make it a real nice car. In the meantime though we're gonna have some fun with it and make some memories!!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Roscoe03 (07-14-2023)