Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > Chassis and Suspension
User Name
Password

Old 02-24-2020, 02:07 AM

Default Fabbing a full frame for my 1968 nova

Hey guys i have did a lot of searching on the net but not finding what I’m looking for. I have a 68 nova I’m completely re doing. I was gonna do the usual sub frame connectors, fully weld front sub seams, not frame for mini tub blah blah you guys get it. But I was looking at the Schwartz performance sub frame and like that you can fit up to a 345 tire and the rails aren’t narrowed and it’s all better metal etc. My question is I was thinking of building this design for my own car and seeing if anyone had similar prints to build one or has built one like it. I’m good at fab etc and can figure it out. Just be nice to have plans. If this is in the wrong area please move it. There’s gotta be guys on here or another site that have built there own frame. Just time consuming. Thanks for any info.
Old 02-26-2020, 01:34 PM

Research GT1 frame design. Consider using 2x2 rails for the main section instead of the common overkill 2x3x120, which is generally overkill making up for semi-bad placement (not at rockers, where 2x2 would go nicely). I'm pretty sure Mike DuSold's Camaro frame is largely 2x2 in the middle, per a certain non-named guy's instructions. There's a lot of good stuff still hanging around on this site for ideas . . .
The Following User Says Thank You to rustomatic For This Useful Post:
572Camaro (03-05-2020)