Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > Wheels and Tires
User Name
Password

Old 09-11-2007, 07:47 PM

Angry

Ok so I called them this morning had to leave a message. Called twice. Finally at about 6 PM he calls me and tells me (Guy sounds like Lumberger from Office Space) "yea....well you see the guy I told to do your wheels 2 weeks ago yea....well you see he gave the info to one of his people and well their not even built yet....yea and by the way theres only 4 centers left to do one more set of wheels...yea and I'm not sure those are going to be yours.....but if they don't have them I'm going to see if I can get you money back......" Oh Gee Thanks...thats so nice... I told him so I pay you in full in May and you hold my money hostage until the end of summer (September and still holding) and now your saying that you still might not be able to get my rims and now you might see if you can get them to refund my money... (I hate them!!!) AMERICAN RACING SUCKS!!!
Old 09-12-2007, 07:17 PM

Man that sux. I can tell you this, the OLDEST order I have on my books right now is also CL205's from American from back in July. They are quoting me 10/31 before I will see them. Apparently, they have had a huge problem getting out 18" CL205's.
Old 09-12-2007, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriverzInc
Man that sux. I can tell you this, the OLDEST order I have on my books right now is also CL205's from American from back in July. They are quoting me 10/31 before I will see them. Apparently, they have had a huge problem getting out 18" CL205's.
Well, I called him again today and he said he would call me back after his lunch. That was at 1:40 PM. Its 10:16 PM. No call. He told me that he would call me today and have it in cement <his words not mine>. Never called. Also yesterday he told me that there were only 4 centers left and didn't know if I was going to get them. It all started with those centers back in May..... They told me they had no centers and would be 4 to 8 weeks. Then when 8 Weeks pasted they told me they were waiting on paint and it would be 4 to 8 weeks again. Then he tells me that they can't get the paint they use from China and they wanted to know if I'd mind them painting them with a USA paint, I said no thats fine go ahead. They said Ok that should take about 2 weeks call me back in 2 weeks. Well it's 2 weeks later and now they saying they have no centers left. WHAT A GREAT COMPANY!
Old 09-14-2007, 06:45 AM

Angry

Ok so he finally called me last night. He says the wheels are being built. He says they sent the centers out to get them painted and that everything should be done by the 24th. He says they should be to me by the 26th and if their not he says to call and scream at him and he will call and scream at California and then he'll have them sent next day air or 2nd day air. Will see how this goes. I hope for Brad's sake there here before the 26th. (Brad is the Salesman at American Racing)
Old 09-14-2007, 07:18 PM

This is bulls..t and it not even my wheels.......... KEEP US POSTED! American racing should take notice of all the customers they are sure to loose. As popular as this company,s wheels are on this site maybe somone should find a way to get this done !!!!!!! hello american racing
Old 09-15-2007, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67velle
This is bulls..t and it not even my wheels.......... KEEP US POSTED! American racing should take notice of all the customers they are sure to loose. As popular as this company,s wheels are on this site maybe somone should find a way to get this done !!!!!!! hello american racing

I totally agree.... I will let you know what happens. I'm thinking next set is going to be Fikse or HRE's. A lot more money but at least they get you the wheels when you pay for them.
Old 09-26-2007, 12:33 PM

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastbowtie
Ok so he finally called me last night. He says the wheels are being built. He says they sent the centers out to get them painted and that everything should be done by the 24th. He says they should be to me by the 26th and if their not he says to call and scream at him and he will call and scream at California and then he'll have them sent next day air or 2nd day air. Will see how this goes. I hope for Brad's sake there here before the 26th. (Brad is the Salesman at American Racing)
Well, today is the 26th, and guess what.......no wheels.... 4 months later. I am trying to get a hold of Brad now. What a joke. They took my money 4 months ago.
Old 09-26-2007, 12:54 PM

You just sealed my decision on which wheels to buy. I have about 10 months to take this car to completion and I sure as hell am not going to wait 4 months for wheels!
Old 09-26-2007, 05:56 PM

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastbowtie
Well, today is the 26th, and guess what.......no wheels.... 4 months later. I am trying to get a hold of Brad now. What a joke. They took my money 4 months ago.

Well, More good news....apparently the wheels were not made yet. He said that when they went to get the last four centers they were gone (wow imagine that). Now he says it will be another 4 weeks (for a total of 5 Months) before he can get a set made. He also says that he will give me one wheel for free. (Oh boy if you can even get them made.) I can't tell people enough to STAY AWAY from American Racing! This was a simple order, 4 CL205's 17x8, and 17x9.5 with 5.5 backspacing. This is like a bad nightmare that won't end! He says to me ok I am prepared to give you your money back...wow great money and no wheels and at least an 8 week wait from any other manufacture. Everytime I ask him to put me in touch with someone who is a boss, he tells me oh you'd just get the same answer I would. This is crazy....I won't be saying anything nice about American Racing when this is all done.
Old 09-26-2007, 09:23 PM
Supporting Member

To those experiencing a difficult time dealing with a business.

I had some issues a couple of years ago and this is what I did.

Before I get started, I'm not an Attorney, nor do I give any legal advice of any kind, some laws I mention may have changed since I was introduced to them.

Since you have good documentation, consider sending a message to the AG of the State their Head Quarters are located in.

Tell the AG that after months and months of keeping you money, after they have repeatably lied about the timing of your order product, and at this point your not sure whether or not they intend to ever deliver the wheels.

When the AG starts getting several of these letters and the amount of money involved. (Collectively) Letters go out, and Businesses Really don't want to be getting these types of letters.

Follow up to AR that you are speaking with council regarding this issue, and send them a copy of the letter you sent to the AG. Say that if you don't see some positive results asap. You will also be looking into the options the DTPA (Deceptive Trade Practices Act) provides for consumers who have been taken advantage of by Businesses.

If you don't hear anything quickly, get a letter sent from an attorney, everyone having problems get together and hire one Lawyer to write a letter using all your names. (You can split the bill and it helps build up the $$$ amount of the possible damages. Letters will cost $200-$600. It's the letterhead I think that gets their attention the most.

BTW: The DTPA allows consumers to sue for Treble damages. (At least it used to)

This at least what I did to settle some issues I had to address several years ago.

Send ALL Correspondence Registered, Return Receipt. So you can make sure it was received and who signed for it. I always go to the web-page and send things to someone at the very top of the food chain. They generally have the power to kick some ass.

(Again, I'm not an Attorney, nor do I give any legal advice of any kind, some laws I mention may have changed since I was introduced to them.)

Please do as you see fit, if you know an attorney, bounce this off him/her a see if this will get their attention. The years I have been in business have taught me that, "If you don't stand up for yourself, no one will"

I hope this might help you get started. If there are any REAL Law Professionals on this site, please correct, modify or slam any or all of the information I just wrote.

True legal skills are always better than just some ones past experiences.

Let us know how it turns out one way or the other. Share with us what worked or what didn't work.

Good Luck,

Ty O'Neal