Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > Race Cars and Modern Pro-Street
User Name
Password

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-07-2014, 03:53 AM

Default 66' Road Race Mustang

Ok, I will start a little thread about my car. I am not great at taking good pictures or documenting things well, but I wouldn't mind creating a little discussion about the car and get some input.

Tires are going to be 315 in the front and a 315 or 335 in the rear and 18" wheels.

Don't mind all the ghetto mock up tools, I need to build a jig of some sort, but for now......

Here was my car before I did some weight savings.

Here is where I am now. I figure the motor is about 7" back from the stock location and 3-4" down. I may need to shorten the pan a bit for clearance, but I dont think so.

One main reason I wanted to move the engine back was now I will be able to get the rack where I think it needs to be.

The plan is I will build a "K member" that cradles the rack, goes underneath the front of the pan (there is a 1.5" step in the pan). I want to mount my lower control arms off the member, somewhere around the front corner of the pan. This should get me a pretty nice long lower.

I need to order ball joints weld in sleeves, then start mocking up some control arms.. What size tubing, I was thinking something like 1.125" x .083 chromoly? 5/8 x 1/2" rod ends.

Uppers I was going to make some deal that allows me to use some aluminum swedged stock for each end of it.

Shocks are Penske 8300