Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Project Updates
User Name
Password

Old 08-10-2018, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregWeld View Post
Here's something of interest -- I'd have never thought about it. My buddy Basher wants a Butler seat -- SUTTON tells him "5 weeks" --- He (schmart little feller that he is) calls Butler -- they say "7 to 10 days". So if you're waiting on something from the dickhead ------ call the actual supplier and ask them.
A little more to it. I sent Ron my measurements and inquired about a seat the first week of July and it took weeks to even figure out if my Sasquatch like figure would fit in a “tall” or if I needed a custom build. Once it was determined I needed a custom they had the money the following day.

The ONLY reason I didn’t cancel the order was Butler already had my dimensions laid out and we’re moving forward...it’s a slow part of the season for them and they were on top of the order in a matter of 4 days- 2 of those being a weekend. Kudos to Butlerbuilt!

After this seat and bracket deal I’m done with RSRT.
Old 08-10-2018, 12:36 PM

And another issue since I’m coming clean. The call to Butler was suggested by a friend who will remain nameless...mostly because I can’t come to grips with giving Dave praise for anything 😂

Thanks to Greg I’ve met some really, really good people from this site, folks I consider good friends and I’m pretty sure have me going in the right direction most of the time.

🇺🇸🦅
The Following User Says Thank You to DBasher For This Useful Post:
fleetus macmullitz (08-10-2018)
Old 08-10-2018, 12:37 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Thanked 1,076 Times in 384 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBasher View Post
And another issue since I’m coming clean. The call to Butler was suggested by a friend who will remain nameless...mostly because I can’t come to grips with giving Dave praise for anything 😂

Thanks to Greg I’ve met some really, really good people from this site, folks I consider good friends and I’m pretty sure have me going in the right direction most of the time.

🇺🇸🦅

You do know how fast I can change that....... right?
Old 08-10-2018, 12:43 PM

Uh yea, duh.

But why would you? I’m not a liar or crook and only an asshole most of the time. Lol
Old 08-10-2018, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBasher View Post
Uh yea, duh.

But why would you? I’m not a liar or crook and only an BIG asshole most of the time. Lol

Fixed it for ya......

The Following User Says Thank You to GregWeld For This Useful Post:
DBasher (08-10-2018)
Old 08-10-2018, 12:55 PM
Lateral-g Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake Foster View Post
Thank you Greg

I feel that the design and performance of our subframes and chassis are the top of the Line. We did all the design EXCEPT the geometry on the front suspension, which Ron did and I think you are starting to see some pretty well built competitive cars out there now. we all know how long these can take to be completed.
This whole thing is sad
If any one has any questions about that subject i will do my best to answer them as fully as I Can.
Blake you have nothing to worry about. Speedtech turns out nothing but high end, quality products. Additionally the customer service is second to none. Speedtech has a solid reputation that was earned by doing things right.

Speedtech equipped cars are dominating the autocross course these days proving the product works, is well built and dependable.

NO ONE IS COMING. IT'S UP TO US.

http://www.navysealfoundation.org/
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Spiffav8 For This Useful Post:
Blake Foster (08-10-2018), DBasher (08-10-2018), fleetus macmullitz (08-10-2018), GregWeld (08-10-2018), Merritt5 (08-10-2018), Vince@Meanstreets (08-13-2018)
Old 08-10-2018, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregWeld View Post
Fixed it for ya......

That’s it, the wedding that was never on is definitely off!

Old 08-10-2018, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhutton View Post
Sorry to read of everyone’s troubles.

On a lighter note having never met you Greg it was entertaining for me to put a voice to the face while watching your video. Greg, you don’t sound at all like I had in my mind...

Take care and I hope you are back up and running soon,
Don

Fake vid, His normal voice actually sounds like tiny Tim.

Vendor/member feed back thread is a great place on lat g to post recent or current transaction experiences.

Describe and Rate any recent or current transactions good or bad and it can serve as a resource for those lat g members about to engage in a transaction.

Transparency is always good and it gives the vendors or members an opportunity to rebuke or fix any problems that may have occurred vice versa - tough part is to post even after getting burned but doing so just helps everyone else out so kudos to Greg for doing so.

My limited experience with vendors has left me top notch transactions with dse and forgeline - highly recommend both to all
Old 08-10-2018, 09:51 PM

Really sorry to hear you are dealing with this Greg. Messed up deal, REALLY messed up....Hope you are able to get everything sorted out in a quick manner. Your question on "I don't know how a guy could function or sleep at night knowing he's done so many people wrong. Amazing to me -- I'd have never ever thought it!" is a great question. THANK YOU for standing up and getting this experience out there in hopes others may be saved from dealing with it themselves.
Old 08-12-2018, 11:43 AM

I have a plan for Dirt Missile...... Leaving tomorrow to drive back to Cali (12 hours) and drag her to a few more hours for a full damage assessment.... Motor comes out and goes back for full rebuild after 30 laps.... don't care if it's hurt or not - I suspect every square inch of the car now..... did I get what I paid for.... are they really the parts as spec'd.... is the suspension worth keeping or is it scrapped for "more normal" or graft a SpeedTech sub to the front now... IDK -- but we'll find out and just move forward ASAP.

Thank you to ALL OF YOU - (and you know who you are) - that have come forward with advice, and support... THIS IS THE REAL COMMUNITY WE HAVE.
The Following User Says Thank You to GregWeld For This Useful Post:
TimeWarpF100 (08-16-2018)