Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > Paint and Body
User Name
Password

Old 04-30-2013, 10:03 PM

Default DSE tubs

I installed the DSE tubs in my 67 and they fit awesome. Still had to play with the close out panels but they fit real well and were worth the money. I woundnt waste your time with the cheaper variants, it will cost you more in the end.

-Evan
Old 05-01-2013, 01:10 PM
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vortech404 View Post
Sonar Chief,

Thanks or the feedback. I still need to order my mini tub.

Looks like it might be DSE. Is the problem you are having just because you have a 67. Are the people with 69's having the same problem?

Any word rom them yet?
Thanks for the heads up.

John
John,
Our tubs fit GREAT in the '69! Sonar Chief is experiencing some unique issues with his car which our head tech guy and Chris Sr are helping him to resolve. I will be sure to post more information on this subject later since it was brought up here.

If you have any questions about our products, don't hesitate to give me a call at Ext 247.

~Carl

Last edited by Chassisworks; 05-01-2013 at 01:24 PM.
Old 05-01-2013, 02:14 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chassisworks View Post
John,
Our tubs fit GREAT in the '69! Sonar Chief is experiencing some unique issues with his car which our head tech guy and Chris Sr are helping him to resolve. I will be sure to post more information on this subject later since it was brought up here.

If you have any questions about our products, don't hesitate to give me a call at Ext 247.

~Carl

Does that imply that they don't fit so well on the 67.?
starting to cut..& have your product..

What might I encounter?
Old 05-01-2013, 05:35 PM

Carl,

Thanks for the reply on how the fit is with a 69 Camaro.

The reason I was looking at your kit is because of the completeness
of the kit with the closeout panels. The closeout panels fit a 69 correct?

Thanks
John

Last edited by Vortech404; 05-01-2013 at 07:43 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 05-01-2013, 07:07 PM
Supporting Vendor

Regarding the '67: We are waiting on some dimensions from the customer who is having the issue. Chris Alston Sr left him a message earlier today. I'll update this thread once his issue is all figured out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vortech404 View Post
Carl,
Thanks for the reply on how the fiy is with a 69 Camaro.
The reason I was looking at your kit is because of the completeness
of the kit with the closeout panels. The closeout panels fit a 69 correct?
Thanks
John
Yes, fit is great on the '68 and '69!

Old 05-01-2013, 08:44 PM

Post Mini tub update!

Just off the phone with Chris Alston Sr ... which is awesome service A++ from me, thanks again.

As Carl stated above the kits were mainly built for the staggered shock setup of the 68-69, my Camaro is a early 67 with non-staggered shocks and the closeout panels are not correct. I did not know that going into this cuz I have never attempted a mini tub installation before now.

I am working with Chris to design the closeouts for my car and these patterns should fit other non-staggered 67 Camaros.

I do appreciate the customer service from Chris Alston Sr and his crew, we decided to wait til my outer wheel houses come in to determine the next course of action.

Thank you,
Michael

Let the house go .... NEVER give up your car!!!!
Old 05-02-2013, 04:25 PM
Supporting Vendor

Last night Chris Sr. and Michael, aka Sonar Chief, had a chance to talk on the phone about the issues that Michael is experiencing with his mini-tub install. We are very thankful for his help and prompt replies to our questions. The situation boils down to three main points.

1-Frame Rail Closeouts: Michael’s Camaro is a ’67 with non-staggered shocks. The rails are different from the staggered shock cars. This will most likely require one new frame rail cutout to be made which can be used on both side. Michael is going to send us a template and we will send him the new pieces in laser-cut steel. They will also be added to future kits. NOTE TO EXISTING CUSTOMERS: If you have a ’67 with non-stagger shocks, call me at Ext 247 and I will ship you a pair of the new pieces for free as soon as they are available.

2-Are The CAC Tubs actually 2-3/4” Wider Than Stock? Yes, they are. We measured our inventory on hand and Michael measured the ones he has in his possession. They were compared to dimensions taken from stock inners for ‘67-‘69 and everything matched up as it should.

3-Do They Fit His Car? Because Michael’s car does not have the outer wheelhouse this is a difficult question to answer. It’s impossible to say for sure whether the outside edge of the tub is being correctly located. His car has been almost completely re-bodied but there is a possibility the factory wheelhouse support is bent. As the outer wheelhouses are on backorder from his supplier, we can’t determine this for sure yet. However, we asked Michael to measure the amount of floor remaining between the tubs and that measurement is correct. Therefore all indicators point to yes, they will fit.

Again, I want to thank Michael for being available and understanding so we can help him get this sorted out quickly and to everyone’s satisfaction. I encourage everyone to make us your first call when you have a question about any of our products. We have free tech help available from 8-5 M-F and 8-1 on Saturdays. That’s ‘Sunny California’ time, of course. If you can’t get through, leave us a message and we will get back to you ASAP.

~Carl
Old 05-10-2013, 10:13 PM

Im still debating whether to go the Pro Touring route on my 67 Camaro but I would purchase all the parts I could from Chassisworks. I am really impressed with how they have handled the tub issue related in this thread and then they offered to send any other prior customers with 67 Camaro/Firebirds close outs at no charge... KUDOS
Old 05-11-2013, 07:46 AM

I agree I will be buying my mini tub kit from Chassisworks when the time comes.
Sonor Chief became part of the reasearch and development team for
the closeout panels. Kinda made the issue pretty cool.

Nice job Chris sr, and Carl

Later
John
Old 12-01-2014, 07:53 AM

So this is over a year old. I'm debating right now on which tubs to buy. Chris Alston come with close out panels, I'm not a awesome fab guy, but OK. I like that I can get everything in one stop. But DSE have been around for so long.. anyone else installed chassis works in a 69 ?

Does chassis works come with step by step instructions? Do I need to take my gas tank and rear out, Even if I'm not going to narrow it yet?

Help please

Mike