Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > Wheels and Tires
User Name
Password

Old 07-31-2008, 10:11 PM

Those look very nice Ty,excellent choice after all that stress...you picked a winner man. I'm liking the smooth look on your wheels and I think that will blend in beautifully with what you're doing.

Can't wait to see the finished product...

www.buickfunnycar.com
http://www.facebook.com/ingenuebuickfunnycar
Old 07-31-2008, 10:14 PM

Default Fronts

Here's the fronts and the fronts next to the rears... these things are gonna nail the look I was after on my Firebird!

Fronts are 255/45/18s and just slightly shorter without the weight of the front of the car on them... I'm sure they'll squat a little once mounted. The rears measure exactly 27" overall which is what I was after to help fill up those big huge round Firebird wheel wells. These should fill them perfectly!!

Last edited by OLDFLM; 11-04-2010 at 07:30 AM.
Old 07-31-2008, 10:22 PM

Default Tires

And just a few of the tires... I absolutely love these things!!! It's no wonder the rears are on national backorder already! I dig the tread pattern as it's something just a little different... kinda like the rest of my car. And with a 200 tread rating they're sticky enough to make the occasional road course (RTTH if I get it done in time) a lot of fun!

At 27" overall the Falken 295/40/18 was the perfect tire for my application. Falling nicely between the 26.1" of a 295/35/18 and the taller 28.4" 295/45/18.

DriverzInc and Rushforth Wheels ROCK!!!! Give them a call and you too can be a member of the Jon & Jay wheel family!

Last edited by OLDFLM; 11-04-2010 at 07:30 AM.
Old 07-31-2008, 10:31 PM

Default Thanks John!

Quote:
Originally Posted by musclecarjohn View Post
Those look very nice Ty,excellent choice after all that stress...you picked a winner man. I'm liking the smooth look on your wheels and I think that will blend in beautifully with what you're doing.

Can't wait to see the finished product...
Thanks John! You looked at a LOT of wheels with/for me and I appreciate you hooking me up with Jon and Jay!! I definately owe you a cold one for that! Think it'll still be cold if I Fed Ex it? LOL

Car is nearing parole from paint jail... should get paint next week and home next weekend! I can't complain though it's only been in confinement since the middle of June... then it's time for the KORE3 brakes and these gorgeous Rushforth masterpieces to complete the look/vision I've been working toward.
Old 08-01-2008, 09:01 AM

Mine should be arriving at my office today. I have my dolly and I am ready to go. You all are killing me with your pics lol. Next is CPP 13 inch big brake kit followed by new suspension. Then maybe a Dakota Digital Dash and finished off with a Gear Venders OD unit for my 4speed or a 5speed install.
Old 08-01-2008, 09:36 AM

Default Sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1960LesPaul View Post
Mine should be arriving at my office today. I have my dolly and I am ready to go. You all are killing me with your pics lol. Next is CPP 13 inch big brake kit followed by new suspension. Then maybe a Dakota Digital Dash and finished off with a Gear Venders OD unit for my 4speed or a 5speed install.

What you do with your "dolly" is your own business! LMAO

Sorry Dude! I couldn't resist! (c:]

I've actually had my wheels for a week already! They arrived the 22nd/23rd but we were having computer issues at home so I couldn't upload the pics to post. My KORE3 Z51 brake kits arrived at the same time! 13.4" front and 13" rotors out back with KORE3s black anodized calipers! These things are gonna look sweet on my car!

Funny how our projects mimic each other as I just picked up two more Trans Am aluminum dash bezels for my car... one to restore with the turned machining like stock and one to send to Jon @ DriverzInc to get the same brushed/cleared treatment as my wheels! Should tie everything together nicely! And I've got all new Autometer guages waiting to go in the new bezels.

Jon and I have also talked about picking some aluminum valve covers and air breather to have the same brushed/cleared treatment done to tie the engine in with the rest of the theme... we'll see. (c:]

Last edited by OLDFLM; 08-01-2008 at 09:43 AM.
Old 08-01-2008, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLDFLM View Post
Thanks John! You looked at a LOT of wheels with/for me and I appreciate you hooking me up with Jon and Jay!! I definately owe you a cold one for that! Think it'll still be cold if I Fed Ex it? LOL
No problem Ty,glad it all worked out in the end for you.

1960LesPaul,
Can't wait to see yours on that 'velle man...we'll be expecting pictures soon!

www.buickfunnycar.com
http://www.facebook.com/ingenuebuickfunnycar
Old 08-01-2008, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLDFLM View Post
What you do with your "dolly" is your own business! LMAO

Sorry Dude! I couldn't resist! (c:]

I've actually had my wheels for a week already! They arrived the 22nd/23rd but we were having computer issues at home so I couldn't upload the pics to post. My KORE3 Z51 brake kits arrived at the same time! 13.4" front and 13" rotors out back with KORE3s black anodized calipers! These things are gonna look sweet on my car!

Funny how our projects mimic each other as I just picked up two more Trans Am aluminum dash bezels for my car... one to restore with the turned machining like stock and one to send to Jon @ DriverzInc to get the same brushed/cleared treatment as my wheels! Should tie everything together nicely! And I've got all new Autometer guages waiting to go in the new bezels.

Jon and I have also talked about picking some aluminum valve covers and air breather to have the same brushed/cleared treatment done to tie the engine in with the rest of the theme... we'll see. (c:]

No problem lol. I opened myself up to that lol. Your project should look sweet.

I got my wheels and tires and they look baller. Can't wait to get them on but alas. UPS dropped the wheels off and left. I was supposed to get 5 packages. Got only 4. I called UPS and they showed that the fifth package was opened and it appeared that pieces were missing so they THREW IT AWAY. I might just go buy a set here and see if Jon can file a claim. I guess I will have to talk with him. I don't know how he handles things like this.
Old 08-01-2008, 01:23 PM

I didn't really do the wheels justice in my last post. These things are sick looking. Jon was laughing at me when my only response to him was "oh my". It's one of the few times I have been speechless lol. Anyone thinking of new wheels should definantly consider Rushforths!