Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Project Updates
User Name
Password

Old 08-12-2018, 12:22 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

It makes me sick to see all this going on. You go with what's supposed to be the best and have the same problems a second time that could have been avoided. I hope this next plan goes better and quicker then it has gone so far.
Drive safe and keep us in the loop.

Old 08-12-2018, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregWeld View Post
I have a plan for Dirt Missile...... Leaving tomorrow to drive back to Cali (12 hours) and drag her to a few more hours for a full damage assessment.... Motor comes out and goes back for full rebuild after 30 laps.... don't care if it's hurt or not - I suspect every square inch of the car now..... did I get what I paid for.... are they really the parts as spec'd.... is the suspension worth keeping or is it scrapped for "more normal" or graft a SpeedTech sub to the front now... IDK -- but we'll find out and just move forward ASAP.

Thank you to ALL OF YOU - (and you know who you are) - that have come forward with advice, and support... THIS IS THE REAL COMMUNITY WE HAVE.
Greg,

Don't forget the "baby and bathwater" scenario with a hasty reaction. A 1:53 (in the correct direction) by a Porsche GT3 was an extremely fast time at a recent NASA event. Your car could have run that, even with its growing pains. You recently said this in one of my threads:

"I'm not a suspension "guy" --- frankly -- I could care less about it. I have a guy that knows a guy that knows a thing or two about that stuff.... so I can keep my pretty little head as empty as possible...."

and Blake posted this in this thread:

" I feel that the design and performance of our subframes and chassis are the top of the Line. We did all the design EXCEPT the geometry on the front suspension, which Ron did and I think you are starting to see some pretty well built competitive cars out there now."

I'm not being a "bois" - just pointing out that Ron is a master at suspension geometry, and if you are going to make changes you need to make sure you get advice from someone as equally qualified - or you will could up with a slower car. Just my $.02 worth.

Pappy
Old 08-12-2018, 02:04 PM

Thanked 1,077 Times in 385 Posts

Pappy ----- ONE (of the many) epiphanies I had trackside this last weekend ---- there were 200 cars there -- all running hard and fast and having fun. I had a crew of 4 -- So called Masterbaiter -- so called car builder -- so called mechanic and so called electronics man..... EVERYONE ELSE WAS RUNNING JUST FINE....This group couldn't get 3 laps per session and not make other sessions.

The thing that makes me smarter than the average guy --- I know I can build - maintain - run - set up - adjust -- with other guys. There's no magic in this. It's not new. It ain't even special. What it will be going forward - is sans bullsh!t.

IN other words -- there's zillions of people that know more, and will be in my corner at the drop of the proverbial hat.

Let's start a list of seeing hands --- I pay $3,000 per weekend plus expenses.... all you have to do is be honest - have a clue - and keep your mouth shut about "me, myself, and I".

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfain View Post
Greg,

Don't forget the "baby and bathwater" scenario with a hasty reaction. A 1:53 (in the correct direction) by a Porsche GT3 was an extremely fast time at a recent NASA event. Your car could have run that, even with its growing pains. You recently said this in one of my threads:

"I'm not a suspension "guy" --- frankly -- I could care less about it. I have a guy that knows a guy that knows a thing or two about that stuff.... so I can keep my pretty little head as empty as possible...."

and Blake posted this in this thread:

" I feel that the design and performance of our subframes and chassis are the top of the Line. We did all the design EXCEPT the geometry on the front suspension, which Ron did and I think you are starting to see some pretty well built competitive cars out there now."

I'm not being a "bois" - just pointing out that Ron is a master at suspension geometry, and if you are going to make changes you need to make sure you get advice from someone as equally qualified - or you will could up with a slower car. Just my $.02 worth.

Pappy
The Following User Says Thank You to GregWeld For This Useful Post:
gofastwclass (08-12-2018)
Old 08-12-2018, 02:26 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Vendor

Greg, when is the 2019 track tour starting?

I told Rob I'd make a couple tracks, and I want to see you lap him in the Dirt Missile.

(760)480.0227

1969 Camaro - always broken GM Design winner
1965 Mustang - widebody fastback
2006 Coyote swapped "Rental Car"

Up next:
Steve's GT40
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Matt@BOS For This Useful Post:
96z28ss (08-13-2018), GregWeld (08-13-2018), Vince@Meanstreets (08-13-2018)
Old 08-12-2018, 10:06 PM
Supporting Vendor

RecoveryRoomInteriors.com

😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳
Old 08-13-2018, 03:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt@BOS View Post

I told Rob I'd make a couple tracks, and I want to see you lap him in the Dirt Missile.
We would all like to see Rob get lapped by the DM.
Greg has cameras so we would get good view of it happening.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 96z28ss For This Useful Post:
GregWeld (08-13-2018), jarhead (08-14-2018)
Old 08-13-2018, 07:53 AM

Greg,

I've been lurking on this thread and watching this build.

Thank you for stepping up and sharing your experience with us.

Merritt

1972 Nova...OUT OF THE BARN!!!!!

IG:@kdmerritt5 for more
The Following User Says Thank You to Merritt5 For This Useful Post:
GregWeld (08-13-2018)
Old 08-13-2018, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt@BOS View Post

It's started when I dreamed up this concoction!! Ordered a new truck from Rydell -- worked on designing a new trailer so I could haul us both.... Rob started on his comp license as did I..... and then I stepped in dog Sh!t.

So we're waiting on The Mayo clinic to tell me I'm done or that I beat this **** again - or something in between.... and then it's game on or we're all going to my funeral. Racin' or pushin' up daisies...... Semantics.
Old 08-13-2018, 10:53 AM

You'll get through this, Greg. You are way to ornery for this to get the best of you!

Pappy
The Following User Says Thank You to mfain For This Useful Post:
waynieZ (08-14-2018)
Old 08-13-2018, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfain View Post
You'll get through this, Greg. You are way to ornery for this to get the best of you!

Pappy
A candle that burns real hot -- can light the way -- or be used to burn your ass, if you tip it over.

Right now it's in burn the house down mode.

Then rebuild.