Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Project Updates
User Name
Password

Old 04-28-2017, 07:02 PM

Default "Blue bomb" 63' falcon

So my cars a 63' falcon that started life as a 6cylinder automatic car. I've owned the car almost 2 years. After driving it to my grandparents house and the 6 cylinder deciding to blow up my grandfather started calling it the blue bomb. Since the 6 cylinder was dead I decided it was time to have fun. I knew right off the bat I wanted to go 90's fox roller 302 and 5 speed; and since one of my buddy's is an Ls head he talked me into fuel injecting it (which now that it's running I love). So it doesn't seem like one rambling long post I'll break it down a little bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-28-2017, 07:11 PM

Motor is a stock ford reman block bottom end with an e303 cam. For the top end I knew I wanted to to things right so I bought a set of afr 165's for it and used scorpion roller rockers to keep things moving. After that I knew the intake I wanted to run was this edelbrock proflo. One big problem with that was it was discontinued. I ended up finding one about an hour away from my house with throttle body so I went and got it. Problem was edelbrock wasn't any help because the distributor they had designed with Mallory wasn't available anymore due to msd buying them out. Well I found the distributor and long story short am running a fast ecu and custom harness.

Old 04-28-2017, 07:14 PM

Now on to suspension.. I've got the Shelby drop done on the front end, have new 620 mustang coils ready to go on accompanied by a set of qa1 shocks. I'm planning on keeping it leaf sprung for now so a panhard bar is in the works in the next few weeks. So stay tuned..