Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > Interior and Electrical
User Name
Password

Old 07-20-2021, 10:39 PM

There's also an ebay seller that sells one for a smaller diameter harness(for Hondas) that I'm going to be using on my main vehicle harness. The item is listed under "k tuned firewall grommet" . I would post a link but I hate posting up links then they expire.
Old 07-29-2021, 09:44 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Thanked 1,546 Times in 850 Posts

Got mine the other day and it will be mocked up this weekend and then off to get Anodized black.
Attached Images

Projects - Syborg TT 4.3l v6 Mini-Truck, 2nd Chance Camaro & SLP575 Bumble Bee - 4Sale
Old 07-29-2021, 01:32 PM

These are very cool. I see on his website there's an option for hidden or visible fasteners, which one do you have there? I was looking on his site but see no way to contact him to ask. I'd like to see a version of both of I could.

Thanks!
Old 07-29-2021, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmac View Post
These are very cool. I see on his website there's an option for hidden or visible fasteners, which one do you have there? I was looking on his site but see no way to contact him to ask. I'd like to see a version of both of I could.

Thanks!
So the pictures I posted are the hidden hardware version as you have to tighten the nuts from inside the car.

And the version that Ahmad B posted is the version with the bolts inside the engine bay.

Projects - Syborg TT 4.3l v6 Mini-Truck, 2nd Chance Camaro & SLP575 Bumble Bee - 4Sale
Old 07-29-2021, 03:39 PM

Thanks for clearing that up for me. Think I'm going to go with the visible fasteners for ease of installation, plus where I intend to mount them, you won't see them anyways.
Old 07-30-2021, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Thanks for clearing that up for me. Think I'm going to go with the visible fasteners for ease of installation, plus where I intend to mount them, you won't see them anyways.
You're welcome and glad I could help

Old 07-30-2021, 04:10 PM

Quote:
The firewall grommet is actually easier to install with the hidden fastners. With the exposed fasteners you'll need 2 people to install it
Old 07-30-2021, 08:53 PM

Maybe I'm confused on the orientation? I would think either one would need 2 people to assist unless you can reach the other side of the panel you're putting this on.
For example, placing one of these in the firewall with the hidden fasteners, you'd need someone on the engine side to hold the billet piece in place and then someone on the interior to start the bolts.

With the visible fasteners you'd need someone to put the nuts on the bolts on the interior side.

I was thinking of using those threaded nut inserts that are like rivets to thread in to, or tacking on some nuts to be able to catch the bolts.....
Old 07-30-2021, 09:12 PM

Can someone please tell me the outside diameter ?
Old 07-31-2021, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Maybe I'm confused on the orientation? I would think either one would need 2 people to assist unless you can reach the other side of the panel you're putting this on.
For example, placing one of these in the firewall with the hidden fasteners, you'd need someone on the engine side to hold the billet piece in place and then someone on the interior to start the bolts.

With the visible fasteners you'd need someone to put the nuts on the bolts on the interior side.

I was thinking of using those threaded nut inserts that are like rivets to thread in to, or tacking on some nuts to be able to catch the bolts.....
The weight of the engine harness and studs going through the firewall will hold it enough to place the nuts on and tighten it inside the interior. I did it the other day solo.
syborg tt (08-02-2021)