Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Project Updates
User Name
Password

Old 03-23-2009, 11:47 PM
Supporting Member

Whoops, did I say 10"s, they're actualyy 9.5s!
BTW how do you guys do the AVATAR thing by your names? (even though mine should be a Summers Eve bottle for being a douche and not tubbing my wheel wells!)
Old 03-24-2009, 12:13 AM
Supporting Member

Aha! I looked at the Fikse websight, http://www.fikse.com/y_classic.html , and on this page of it it shows a 68 with the same rims and tires (same color scheme as my car too), and it doesnt look too gay! Of course its not sitting next to one of the cars on this site!
Old 07-31-2009, 04:15 PM
Supporting Member

Well, finally have the paintwork completed, suspension and mechanical done, and now its getting the custom audio and console work done by Showtime Audio in Chicago. These guys are insane, the West Coast Customs of the midwest. I went with Focal KRX2's in the front stage, Focal Utopia 180w's for the rear stage, JL Audio 12w6 v2 subs, Alpine IVA-W505/P1 with Nav and Bluetooth, Alpine PDX 1.1000 and 4.150 amps, and all this tied together with Marquez door, package tray, and trunk lid panels. Plus a sick custom console/center dash. I really should have done more research on this stuff beforehand, interior details are amounting to almost as much time and effort as picking out suspension components. I guess I was to worried about making this bitch handle right, as everyone on this site does. Next up is upholstery! Cant wait to see what that bill comes to!$
Attached Images

Old 07-31-2009, 07:14 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Thumbs up

Looks awesome. I don't know what will be louder, the engine or the audio?!?! lol
That looks like a very custom interior there.
Old 08-02-2009, 06:23 PM
Supporting Member

Thanks tones2ss,
I figured I was going pretty much all out on the car, why skimp on the interior. We did the 2006 GTO seats, getting em rewrapped and the rears cut down to size, and got the dash pad wrapped in new leather instead of stock vinyl. Going with ultra suede on the headliner and on the middle of the custom dash/console. I only showed a past pic of the console, it really looks awesome now with the double din in place and a great new air vent from Clayton Machine Works that Vintage Air sells direct, plus the Twist Machine billet shifter. Of course this was all OVERKILL, but which of the cars on this website arent?!! I cant see myself even coming close to putting my stereo up all the way, and I really hate the dildo's that have the rattle box bass hip hop gangsta rap going full blast down residential streets at 10am with the windows down. WTF! But going through some turns at 100 mph with Rage Against the Machine or Mettalica jamming through the best Focal speakers might be nice. Assuming my two year old and four year old dont have their A B C and 1 2 3 music on!
Old 08-03-2009, 01:59 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by eqt555 View Post
Thanks tones2ss,
I figured I was going pretty much all out on the car, why skimp on the interior. We did the 2006 GTO seats, getting em rewrapped and the rears cut down to size, and got the dash pad wrapped in new leather instead of stock vinyl. Going with ultra suede on the headliner and on the middle of the custom dash/console. I only showed a past pic of the console, it really looks awesome now with the double din in place and a great new air vent from Clayton Machine Works that Vintage Air sells direct, plus the Twist Machine billet shifter. Of course this was all OVERKILL, but which of the cars on this website arent?!! I cant see myself even coming close to putting my stereo up all the way, and I really hate the dildo's that have the rattle box bass hip hop gangsta rap going full blast down residential streets at 10am with the windows down. WTF! But going through some turns at 100 mph with Rage Against the Machine or Mettalica jamming through the best Focal speakers might be nice. Assuming my two year old and four year old dont have their A B C and 1 2 3 music on!
Very cool!! Sounds good to me!
Old 08-03-2009, 02:26 PM

The car is awesome! Don't even worry about the wheel widths. It looks great and for running on the street it won't make a whole lot of difference. The whole package is great, and the music choice just adds to it. I bet the smile on your face after the first run through the gears with the tunes cranked will last for weeks. Nice work!
Old 08-03-2009, 11:28 PM

Looks nice but we need some bigger pictures
Old 08-04-2009, 01:34 PM
Supporting Member

I dont know how to do bigger pics. Steve sent me an email telling me to post em on a server and hotlink them back, so I used Flicker. It still wont allow the bigger size pics, am I doing something wrong?? PLEASE HELP!!!
Thanks for the kind words guys! Im dying to take her first to get Dyno tuned and then off to the Good Guys show in Joliet IL Sep 18-20 for some autocross action. Im sure I'll nail some cones, as it'll be the first time in this car for autocross, but Ill give it a go anyway. Hope I dont screw the paint up too badly. Im looking into a partial membership at Autobahn racetrack here in IL too so I can have a go at some Porsches and Lambos.
BTW, I know a bunch of you guys put in rollcages. How far can I go without having one of these put in, as far as organized racing/autocross goes?
Thanks
Rob

Last edited by XcYZ; 08-05-2009 at 07:22 AM. Reason: embedded pics
Old 08-04-2009, 02:43 PM
Supporting Member

Thanks 70rs! My brother just bought a 71rs Split Bumper with an LS2 from TurnKeyEngineSupply running a Procharger, 600 RWHP!! Things a beast. It was built by a customer of his who ran into some trouble in the market collapse and sold it for peanuts. Lucky for my brother! 2nd gens rock!