Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Project Updates
User Name
Password

Old 10-27-2010, 04:59 PM

the fab work looks awesome guys. cant wait to see the final product. not sure how i feel about the hood but ill save the final opinion of that when i see the finished product. love that dash!
Old 10-27-2010, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowchevyII View Post
the fab work looks awesome guys. cant wait to see the final product. not sure how i feel about the hood but ill save the final opinion of that when i see the finished product. love that dash!
my thoughts exactly!

http://www.northeastrodrun.com/
Old 10-27-2010, 09:29 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Welcome,
Killer project!
It is awesome to see someone so close to home who carries some neat gear (ATS, speed tech) I actually need an oil pan and and engine mounts for and ls7.
Where abouts in Manitoba are you?
Old 10-29-2010, 10:34 PM

We are east of Winnipeg in a small town. (Beausejour) We just recently got a cnc mill and are doing some of our own parts, as well as carrying a huge selection of some of the top brands that support this forum! I don't want to take advantage of this forum, but you can always contact me about those parts. We also do custom set-backs made to your specs for the ls conversion motor plates.

The hood actually looks really sweet painted. It matches the intercooler scoops and the brake styling on the quarters, as well as the exhaust tip openings, so wait to see the thing together!

we are busy this week and next leading up to SEMA, can't wait for more feedback and to post more pics! Thanks for all the support from everyone, including all our product suppliers!

I have to point out how helpful other shops and businesses have been to us over the last year. They have all played a huge part in making our shop the fastest growing custom fab shop in Manitoba! I can't say enough how impressed I am with other shops across North America for the way they will help us out and answer questions! I use this forum as inspiration for my ideas, and hope to give some back.

We also are doing a super cool merge between street rodding and pro touring, which I will post next week. I should bring up some old threads in the project section and post some updates, like project Vicarious and my 64 Pontiac Parisienne pro touring!

To be honest, I don't know how you guys get 50 or even a dozen pages of posts! The time you must spend on the computer!!!! I usually dont even get to play with the cnc until midnite on weekends, we are too busy!
www.hpicustoms.com
Old 10-29-2010, 10:45 PM

The wheels are Rushforth Rated-x without the rivets..... 19x12 in the rear
www.hpicustoms.com
Old 10-31-2010, 05:33 PM

Ok so I openend up a photobucket and started taking some time to put pics on.... lets show you some of the body mods we have done! Starting with the side vents (so they are not really vents, just styling, because to actually vent the brakes we would have ducts where the rear seat should be, as this thing is running 335 nittos and the new dynacorn mini tubs that we installed, which are not really mini! 3 3/4 inches over stock, and they look stock and fit great. Plus we didnt want water and crap flinging up through a vent onto the paint.... I don't know that the owner of this beast will actually drive it like we will.

Formed the sheet metal, flushed it in, added spears and bingo! I actually made a wooden form to fold the two pieces into their shapes then tig'ed em together. you can see the new (ok well new at the time when we got them, but old news now i guess) Ring brothers handles, shaved lock holes, and we deleted the rocker/quarter seam before filler and primer. More to come on the oval/arched styling bar!

www.hpicustoms.com
Old 10-31-2010, 06:03 PM

Ok, on to the hood....... I know that some may not like it, the customer wanted the fiberglass stinger and I figured he has too much moneygoing into this to have the same hood as everyone else....

So we made the front spear the same as the side vents that we made, and went with a subtle height and we will have some billet vents in behind it. As it is efi, we dont need a scoop really. Also, I hate how most of the cowl hoods and the stinger hood dont have the body lines from the wiper cowl in the hood, only the one peak. So we wanted the hood to roll out of the wiper cowl into a bulge, then back to nothing.

I think it worked well, it looks amazing with the striping on it (save that for later!) Its truly one off... even the bracing underneath we tried to finish off so it looks factory ish. The hood is made of 4 pieces and a stock hood, plus our two vent tunnels that are one piece each.

www.hpicustoms.com

Last edited by 64pontiac; 03-15-2011 at 10:46 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 10-31-2010, 06:26 PM

Now I actually like that hood and want to see it done. Very cool.
2004 NASA AIX Mustang LS2 #14
1964 Lincoln Continental
2014 4 tap Keezer
Old 10-31-2010, 06:39 PM

Hahaha...gotcha! Thanks for the kind words everyone. I will keep posting. This is just one of our projects..... more great ideas to come! I can't wait to get this car out there and show off our capabilities, we are really well setup to build some kick a** cars but our province is so far behind the times that LS1 s are still new ideas Can't wait to get a build from a customer that appreciates this style of car and understands the work it takes!!!!
www.hpicustoms.com
Old 10-31-2010, 06:42 PM

very nice!!