Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Project Updates
User Name
Password

Old 10-31-2010, 06:52 PM

Here's the bumper hole mods, these stock front ends have way to big openings!

Here we got rid of the driving lights to make way for our Afco air to water intercooler vents...... they have a raise lower edge and match the hood vents....

The front end has been welded together into one piece, the bumper sucked in a bit, and the license plate frame modified and leaned back to make it a bit less obvious (we HAVE to run a front plate in our province....gggrrrrrrr)
www.hpicustoms.com
Old 10-31-2010, 07:07 PM

Heres the rear end/bumper mods. Narrowed the bumper 1.5 inches total. also, if you notice we dropped the mounts down 3/4 inch so the body lip rolls into the bumper and you cant see the panel welds or the mounts sticking out the bottom. The exhaust cutouts are scaled down and flipped over tail light size, with a cnc stainless tip that matches the marquez tail lights (which are VERY nice pieces *shameless plug for Marquez!) Any of our suppliers can feel free to "sponsor" us on a future build!

We also since then have come up with a cool fuel cap for the center, hint:its not round, and we did a welded on spoiler lip.

www.hpicustoms.com
Old 10-31-2010, 07:22 PM

Roll bar is two mandrel bent and arched bars welded together, pushed it out as wide as possible to fit under the rear arm rest/side panels and pocketed the body for it.

www.hpicustoms.com
Old 10-31-2010, 07:41 PM

Heres the dash install..... the middle speaker grille covers the defrost vents, (its a convertible, so we figured in this case form over function! plus we kept the side defrosts that came stock in the ctsv)
The side speaker grilles are for the tweeters. these are modified ctsv vents. Overall we took about 8 inches off the dash and made a sheet metal edge for the leather to butt up to in place of the factory 69 camaro dash. complete with a vin tag spot!

www.hpicustoms.com
Old 10-31-2010, 08:04 PM

Here is the Speedtech Subframe. Since we started being a dealer for their product, we have grown to LOVE their suspension. It is truly a top notch piece, fits awesome, and has amazing support from Speedtech. Roger and Blake, hats off to you! HPI will continue to do our best to support and promote both Speedtech and ATS!

We had to pocket the frame for the LSA/LS9 style low mount accessories, as well as make custom aluminum motor adablers and motor stands. We made these ones out of 7075 5/8 aluminum, thicker than the standard setback, and have now gone with 1.75 inch setback over a small block chevy. Since then we have done up to 3 inch setbacks for a customer overseas!

The transmission we are using is a TCI 6 speed auto, with a custom steering wheel hub and base that recesses the paddle shifter and display into the wheel instead of sandwiching it between! Pics to follow of that!

www.hpicustoms.com

Last edited by 64pontiac; 10-31-2010 at 08:05 PM. Reason: wrong pic!
Old 10-31-2010, 08:09 PM

The rear torque arm from Speedtech. Another nice piece! No intrusion into the floor, full 3 link style articulation, fully adjustable, and pretty much a no-modification straightforward install. tons of room for 3 inch exhaust too!
We made our own subframe connectors that do not intrude into the interior, weld in, low pro, and bolt to the subframe with 8 bolts per side. you can see the connection to the subframe here.

The entire underside of the car has been treated with Lizard Skin Cermaic insulation, and Sound Control on the inside.
www.hpicustoms.com
Old 10-31-2010, 08:16 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Thanked 2,274 Times in 1,379 Posts

Enjoying the pics and info.

Skip
Old 10-31-2010, 09:47 PM

Very nice build. The dash looks amazing in that car. I bet that wasn't easy to pull off that well.
Old 10-31-2010, 10:54 PM

Thanks! Took a bit of work! Its taking alot more work to get all the ctsv entertainment and gauges to work
www.hpicustoms.com
Old 11-01-2010, 12:39 PM

Looking good Tyler.

I'm close to you, and didn't know you existed until this post. If you guys don't do the painting, who would you recommend? Who will paint this project?

I've got a project that I'll need parts for eventually, I'll check you guys out when its time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 64pontiac View Post
We are east of Winnipeg in a small town. (Beausejour) We just recently got a cnc mill and are doing some of our own parts, as well as carrying a huge selection of some of the top brands that support this forum! I don't want to take advantage of this forum, but you can always contact me about those parts. We also do custom set-backs made to your specs for the ls conversion motor plates.

The hood actually looks really sweet painted. It matches the intercooler scoops and the brake styling on the quarters, as well as the exhaust tip openings, so wait to see the thing together!

we are busy this week and next leading up to SEMA, can't wait for more feedback and to post more pics! Thanks for all the support from everyone, including all our product suppliers!

I have to point out how helpful other shops and businesses have been to us over the last year. They have all played a huge part in making our shop the fastest growing custom fab shop in Manitoba! I can't say enough how impressed I am with other shops across North America for the way they will help us out and answer questions! I use this forum as inspiration for my ideas, and hope to give some back.

We also are doing a super cool merge between street rodding and pro touring, which I will post next week. I should bring up some old threads in the project section and post some updates, like project Vicarious and my 64 Pontiac Parisienne pro touring!

To be honest, I don't know how you guys get 50 or even a dozen pages of posts! The time you must spend on the computer!!!! I usually dont even get to play with the cnc until midnite on weekends, we are too busy!