Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Introductions > Member/Project/Vehicle Introductions
User Name
Password

Old 06-26-2013, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoblackmarks... View Post
Thanks, it was painted 6 years ago, and looks good, but have some minor stuff here and there. Im gonna start easy before I throw too much Money on it, first fix all the small stuff and make everything work as it should be doing.

And I like that you gonna keep Your 67` Bird Pontiac Powered.
That's how it always starts then before you know it it's completely apart with $60,000 in parts stacked up to go on lol.

I debated it a bit but decided it'd be cooler to keep a Pontiac engine in this one. I've got EFI for my 67 and a t56. I'm going to take it apart for body work this winter but when it's back together it'll have the EFI and 6 speed with the 455 that's in it until I can build a nice stroker with aluminum heads.
Old 06-26-2013, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSSix View Post
Looks great! The color choice was excellent. Do you think you'll keep the color?
Yes, gonna keep it, if I will Paint it wich i doubt, it will probably be another color.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Fox View Post
Nice Bird! Is it a gold color? My '69 is originally gold but I am looking for something different in a gold color.
It is Volvo Saffron color, a Pearl metallic color.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_Raven View Post
That's how it always starts then before you know it it's completely apart with $60,000 in parts stacked up to go on lol.

I debated it a bit but decided it'd be cooler to keep a Pontiac engine in this one. I've got EFI for my 67 and a t56. I'm going to take it apart for body work this winter but when it's back together it'll have the EFI and 6 speed with the 455 that's in it until I can build a nice stroker with aluminum heads.
He..He.. Hope not, but I think i must redo some stuff here and there, probably more than I think.... I already seen plenty of stuff..

It just looks more right With the right engine, it can look good With LS also, especially With an carbed intake. But the soul of the car is missing.

And since I wrench on New cars (VW) for a living, I am sick and tired of wires, can-bus and ECU`s... He..He..

Is it port runner EFI? Could you not convince yourself that the 455 already is a "stroker"? So you dont need that 400 build? Besides the mains, is it REALLY that much difference? Depends maybe somewhat on type of usage, HP Level and RPM maybe. But for "average" use? Maybe a bigger oil cooler is all that is the needed difference, beacause of the bearing speed? Just thinking out loud here.

It would be Nice to see the oil temp difference on same type of oil with different bearing sizes. I know how much difference just the oil type in same engine does by own experience, and that is A LOT.
Old 06-27-2013, 12:29 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Quote:
Yes, gonna keep it, if I will Paint it wich i doubt, it will probably be another color.

It is Volvo Saffron color, a Pearl metallic color.

He..He.. Hope not, but I think i must redo some stuff here and there, probably more than I think.... I already seen plenty of stuff..

It just looks more right With the right engine, it can look good With LS also, especially With an carbed intake. But the soul of the car is missing.

And since I wrench on New cars (VW) for a living, I am sick and tired of wires, can-bus and ECU`s... He..He..

Is it port runner EFI? Could you not convince yourself that the 455 already is a "stroker"? So you dont need that 400 build? Besides the mains, is it REALLY that much difference? Depends maybe somewhat on type of usage, HP Level and RPM maybe. But for "average" use? Maybe a bigger oil cooler is all that is the needed difference, beacause of the bearing speed? Just thinking out loud here.

It would be Nice to see the oil temp difference on same type of oil with different bearing sizes. I know how much difference just the oil type in same engine does by own experience, and that is A LOT.
Welcome

I'm with you on that. I have a soft spot for those early birds and the Poncho motors. Beautiful cars, great small details with the emblems and side marker lights. Those Ponchos make tons of torque. A stock HEI and quadrajet and they are as dependable as EFI.

I'll really catch some heat for the graininess of this photo but here is my bird around 1989

https://lateral-g.net/forums/show...10645&page=171

Old 07-13-2013, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FETorino View Post
Welcome

I'm with you on that. I have a soft spot for those early birds and the Poncho motors. Beautiful cars, great small details with the emblems and side marker lights. Those Ponchos make tons of torque. A stock HEI and quadrajet and they are as dependable as EFI.

I'll really catch some heat for the graininess of this photo but here is my bird around 1989

Yes, it is grainy But it looks cool, I Guess you do not have it anymore?

And is that a roll bar inside there?
Old 07-16-2013, 03:38 PM

Rob, grainy isn't the word for that pic. You straight up need a beat down for that. That looks like someone who needs trifocal glasses or coke bottle lenses. I almost went blind trying to look at that pic.

Old 07-17-2013, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Yes, it is grainy But it looks cool, I Guess you do not have it anymore?

And is that a roll bar inside there?
Haven't had it for 20 years. Yes it had a 4 point chrome (yea I know, i was the 80s) roll bar in it.

https://lateral-g.net/forums/show...10645&page=171