Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > Chassis and Suspension
User Name
Password

Old 05-01-2019, 02:35 PM

Default Excessve negative negative camber

It would really help anyone here trying to give you a hand if they knew what kind of vehicle you are working on, along with some pics. There are literally hundreds of cars with similar but different suspensions out there and trying to get a generalized solution to a generalized problem will probably just get you into trouble. Most types of popular cars have already been sorted out as to the varying types of modifications and uses, while still leaving the car safe to drive. What you seem to be suggesting will only be good when the car is parked, and will affect all other aspects of handling when driving the car. While the suspension pics you have posted may make it look easy, remember they are designed to accentuate a point, not offer the one size fits all suspension solution for all situations.

2002 S-10, Daily Driver and autoX
1966 Chevelle MALIBU ( mine since 1971) Drag car converting to a track car!
Old 05-25-2019, 12:15 AM

The adjustable examples you show do not go along with what I think Bret was talking about. They are made that way to allow adjustability to make camber adjustment possible where there was none from the factory. The bent ones allow clearance around other suspension components or the frame in instances where the car was lowered. I believe what Bret envisioned was having inner mounting points for the upper control arms made to slide up or down on the frame through the use of a screw actuator or a hydraulic mechanism of some sort which could possibly give you the stance you want when the car was at rest, while allowing the upper arms to be mechanically put back into the proper, original position with the car raised for driving. What you are asking for is much more complicated than your examples seem to point to.

2002 S-10, Daily Driver and autoX
1966 Chevelle MALIBU ( mine since 1971) Drag car converting to a track car!

Last edited by rixtrix1; 05-25-2019 at 12:58 AM.