Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 07-23-2019, 09:22 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Got a chance to see one in person yesterday. IMO, this is a home run for Chevrolet.

More on my IG page: https://www.instagram.com/wilwaxu/
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to WILWAXU For This Useful Post:
fleetus macmullitz (07-24-2019)
Old 07-23-2019, 10:19 AM

Thanked 1,474 Times in 1,106 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJDMan View Post
They actually said the base price was under 60K. Personally, I think it's better looking than a Ferrari and way overdue. And yes I know what a Ferrari looks like.

I agree and you can probably buy 4 or 5 C8s for the price of the Ferrari! Gold Chains not included
Old 07-23-2019, 02:24 PM

Are we allowed to nitpick...?
The car is beautiful!! Absolutely phenomenal for the price!
The gloss black plastic accents really throw me off... gives it a cheapish look in my opinion. Perfect places for carbon fiber upgrades on higher trim levels I guess...?
The center front grill opening with the large gloss black area also seems to need a tweak...didn't they just go through this with the Camaro front look?

I cannot wait to see it in the top dog high hp trim!!!

Jeff-
Old 07-24-2019, 12:39 AM

You can actually customize the accent colors. You can change engine cover colors ,caliper colors,seat belt colors and a bunch of stuff on www.cheverolet.com website.
John

Last edited by Vortech404; 07-24-2019 at 02:31 AM.
Old 07-24-2019, 08:48 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Vendor

While there is no doubt that this car will perform as they always have, GM seems to be headed in a weird direction to me. making the Corvette more out of reach by upping base price from upper $40's to near $60, and for sure way more on performance models. Then discontinuing the camaro. Not sure who they are trying to appeal to.
I agree with points on design, some angles this car looks good others it looks terrible. to me most of the new GM designs are odd or just plain terrible i.e. the new Chevy trucks (the GM HD looks substantially better though) to me Chevy has always had issues with cheap looking material choices and I don't know why they are in love so much with cheap looking glossy black plastic, especially on a mid engine Ferrari fighter.

yes it will perform I have no doubt, but if they are looking to attract Ferrari type owners they will always far short of the Italian quality.
[email protected]

Instagram: @fabrycatedmetal @project_ruptured_duck

Partners: Miller Welders, Tremec, Ford Performance,
Dakota Digital, VintageAir, Holley, Quicktime, Hays,
Sutton Designs, Black Widow Exhaust,
Pacific Coast Powder Coat, DEI Engineering
VisionX Lighting, Musclerodz, Hot Rods By Boyd,
Cato's Custom Upholstery, Wilwood Disc Brakes,
East Bay Muscle Cars, Ridetech, SendCutSend, Coastal Curved Glass, IWON Inc

Project Ruptured Duck proceeds to benefit:
Homes For Our Troops
The American Aeronautical Foundation
Old 07-24-2019, 09:45 AM

I don't see it as a Ferrari fighter. Most Corvette guys could never afford a Ferrari and Ferrari owners want them to be an outlier. I've owned a C5 and C6 and they perform well, but as I always say, they are Chevys. They feel cheap, squeak, and rattle. Personally, I think they would do well by offering some type of appearance package to improve the quality of the materials inside and out. Maybe they will....

If I spent 70-80k on a sports car, it would probably be a Porsche due to the refinement.

With that being said, it's a great new option in the market and a big step forward for the Corvette at a reasonable price. I bet they sell like hotcakes.
FaBrycation (07-24-2019)
Old 07-24-2019, 10:16 AM

Uhhhh, besides...I'm willing to bet if you're in your brand spanking, newly designed, 2020, C8 'Vette and a guy rolls up in his 488, I'd hope you didn't have a girl with you because even she would know the difference.

The Following User Says Thank You to 214Chevy For This Useful Post:
FaBrycation (07-24-2019)
Old 07-24-2019, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaBrycation View Post
While there is no doubt that this car will perform as they always have, GM seems to be headed in a weird direction to me. making the Corvette more out of reach by upping base price from upper $40's to near $60, and for sure way more on performance models. Then discontinuing the camaro. Not sure who they are trying to appeal to.
I agree with points on design, some angles this car looks good others it looks terrible. to me most of the new GM designs are odd or just plain terrible i.e. the new Chevy trucks (the GM HD looks substantially better though) to me Chevy has always had issues with cheap looking material choices and I don't know why they are in love so much with cheap looking glossy black plastic, especially on a mid engine Ferrari fighter.

yes it will perform I have no doubt, but if they are looking to attract Ferrari type owners they will always far short of the Italian quality.
Corvette hasn't been in the 40s base since the C6. This generation is an increase of about 4k ($55.9k for a C7 vs 59.9k for a C8). I think that's about standard. I agree I dont love what Chevy has been doing styling wise and with ditching the camaro after this generation there is a HUGE gap in the market that will just continue to be dominated by Ford with the Mustang.

All car prices are high, what's the base price of a camaro now? 37k if you want a V8? 2010 were sticker for 31k with same trim level.

There are options for upgrading that cheap glossy black, cheaper option being have it painted when you get it satin color maybe to take the cheapness out of it. The carbon option upgrade for the vette are going to be pricey!
2018 GMC Denali HD
Old 07-24-2019, 01:38 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Vendor

I've always liked what GM has push for with the vette. It's always crazy fast and runs times like much more expensive cars. Id definitely like to go for a ride in one for sure. I bet it'll be a riot. its closer now to a poor mans supercar now that its mid-engine. I'm sure a few people on here will make the necessary changes to really make them visually pleasing from all angles and that will be fun to watch.
[email protected]

Instagram: @fabrycatedmetal @project_ruptured_duck

Partners: Miller Welders, Tremec, Ford Performance,
Dakota Digital, VintageAir, Holley, Quicktime, Hays,
Sutton Designs, Black Widow Exhaust,
Pacific Coast Powder Coat, DEI Engineering
VisionX Lighting, Musclerodz, Hot Rods By Boyd,
Cato's Custom Upholstery, Wilwood Disc Brakes,
East Bay Muscle Cars, Ridetech, SendCutSend, Coastal Curved Glass, IWON Inc

Project Ruptured Duck proceeds to benefit:
Homes For Our Troops
The American Aeronautical Foundation
Old 07-24-2019, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by will69camaro View Post
Corvette hasn't been in the 40s base since the C6. This generation is an increase of about 4k ($55.9k for a C7 vs 59.9k for a C8). I think that's about standard. I agree I dont love what Chevy has been doing styling wise and with ditching the camaro after this generation there is a HUGE gap in the market that will just continue to be dominated by Ford with the Mustang.

All car prices are high, what's the base price of a camaro now? 37k if you want a V8? 2010 were sticker for 31k with same trim level.

There are options for upgrading that cheap glossy black, cheaper option being have it painted when you get it satin color maybe to take the cheapness out of it. The carbon option upgrade for the vette are going to be pricey!
Agreed.
1969 Mach 1 Fastback | New Project