Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > Chassis and Suspension
User Name
Password

View Poll Results: What subframe would you use?
Art Morrison 60 50.00%
Detroit Speed 60 50.00%
Voters: 120. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-16-2009, 06:12 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart Adams View Post
DSE has averaged one subframe sale per day since available. That is just their numbers, that means pro touring is alive and doing well.
That's good news they are selling so well. I never really thought about how many they produce but I would think that's more than most other mfr's could say. My first thought was how many more can they sell at that rate....
22 day avg work days a month x 12 = 264 a year! I would say there is plenty more when you consider that almost 700,000 67-69 camaros were built Plus the repop bodies and poncho's.
O.K. enough with the fun facts (thread jack over)

I think both are great companies but imo if I was building a Camaro I would go with DSE.

Last edited by Tom.A; 07-16-2009 at 06:15 PM.
Old 07-25-2009, 01:49 PM

The dse front clip can't be beat in the looks department, but i think between the two it would be hard to go wrong!
Old 07-27-2009, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ill steez View Post
DSE has some of the best customer service I've experienced, and their business is based almost solely on pro-touring cars alone. They really do know the product base inside and out (not that AME doesn't, but they have a lot going on).
DSE does have great customer service, as we do as well. Art's been in business for over 35 years in this industry, and we make sure everybody is happy and taken care of. Recently, we had a full frame damaged in shipping and we built a new frame for the customer before the old one came back, even though we may not get reimbursed from the shipping company. But the priority is the customer gets taken care of.

Our main drive is "Pro-Touring", but we don't stop at musclecars. We can set up a '55 Ford pickup, 1940 Ford coupe, or maybe a 1975 Caprice to handle better than a modern Corvette. Heck, we just had a '41 Willys built by Woodys Hot Rods using our frame and suspension outrun a Viper on a road course, driven by a professional driver. Pretty cool.
Old 07-27-2009, 10:04 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver69Camaro View Post
DSE does have great customer service, as we do as well. Art's been in business for over 35 years in this industry, and we make sure everybody is happy and taken care of. Recently, we had a full frame damaged in shipping and we built a new frame for the customer before the old one came back, even though we may not get reimbursed from the shipping company. But the priority is the customer gets taken care of.

Our main drive is "Pro-Touring", but we don't stop at musclecars. We can set up a '55 Ford pickup, 1940 Ford coupe, or maybe a 1975 Caprice to handle better than a modern Corvette. Heck, we just had a '41 Willys built by Woodys Hot Rods using our frame and suspension outrun a Viper on a road course, driven by a professional driver. Pretty cool.
Very cool Matt. You guys are very professional for doing that!
Old 07-27-2009, 07:42 PM

Quote:

You guys are at the Top!
Old 08-04-2009, 06:42 AM

Quote:

I got to know Matt. How the heck do you damage a frame in shipping? Secondly do you have a Scratch and dent sale? If so I got Dibs.
Old 08-12-2009, 09:43 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by XLexusTech View Post
I got to know Matt. How the heck do you damage a frame in shipping? Secondly do you have a Scratch and dent sale? If so I got Dibs.

We wonder the same thing - One particular chassis had the entire crate blown apart, the rack casting was broke, control arms bent, body mounts bent. It had looked like it was dropped off a multi-story building. Thankfully that sort of damage only happens about once every 3-5 years.

To also address the issue of upgrades on our subframe - We now offer a splined sway bar kit as well as a choice of a larger diameter non splined bar. As of Monday we are a dealer for Penske Racing Shocks and will shortly be offering double and triple adjustable shocks. As for the bushing situation, we are working on some things right now. In the meantime any C6 bushing upgrade will work on our components since they are control arms are OE GM pieces.

As always, thanks for the feedback.