Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Project Updates
User Name
Password

Old 12-13-2011, 10:15 AM

Man, that was a lot of pages... but worth it!!!! Looks fantastic. Love the wheels/ stance. Killer. Great job.

STZ
concept . chassis . body . paint

[email protected]

www.settintrendz.com

www.facebook.com/settintrendz
Old 12-13-2011, 04:48 PM

You need to change the thread title to "...... now at JCG"

--Eric
Old 12-13-2011, 07:48 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Thanked 1,077 Times in 385 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRJDVM's '69 View Post
Before heading back Tuesday, Cris and I will go over the car again after he had some time to process and brainstorm off my list, and then tie up the details.... Then we head back homeward and the ball is in his court

Now I just need to keep myself within my budget.....

Glad to see it's moving along Ned....

I'll have to get over there to see how it's coming when Rudy and I are down for the Grand National!
Old 12-13-2011, 10:00 PM

Ok before I start a Part III build thread, I figured I would do some updates of stuff I got done before I dropped it off at JCG.

First I adapted a RideTech/Coachworks camaro fuel filler neck to work with my tailpan. I used the tailpan section from a '68 Camaro and cut out the recessed section of the donor piece and cut out a matching section on my Cuda tailpan...then it was dialed in and fully welded.

I removed all the original mounts for the stock license plate and am currently building an aluminum license plate holder that will be held on with magnets That way I can pop it on and off easily and have the tailpan look totally clean when I want to....and fill the car with gas.....

Last edited by DRJDVM's '69; 12-13-2011 at 10:36 PM.
Old 12-13-2011, 10:06 PM

The Camaro piece works out pretty well, but it does have the slight offset point to the passenger side....it doesnt completely line up with the filler hole on the tank.....cutting the filler neck and aligning it with the tank inlet is on the "JCG to do list"

Old 12-13-2011, 10:13 PM

Next on the agenda was to cut out a small section of the floor to allow me to drop the seats down about 1.5 inches. The Cuda floor has a "lump" near the door, the was an issue with all the seats I tried. They all just sat too high..... I'm 6'3" and my head was only about 2 inches from the roof....with no carpet or headliner....and the view out the windshield just didnt feel right....it was too high..... When Monet sat in the car one time when I was moving it around and she randomly said "are these the seats you are using? The sit really hight"...I knew it wasnt just me.....shes about 5'6" and I had never mentioned my concern......So out came the cut off wheel and welder

I removed the "bump" and was able to drop the seats down about 1.5 inches....much better... It just feel better sitting in the car...

Old 12-13-2011, 10:19 PM

Then it was time for the air intake tube....decided to go with the 4 inch and keep in clean and simple....down straight from the TB, parallel to the radiator base and under the frame and into the wheelwell. I mocked it all up and Rob tacked it together for me. I'll get a good TIG man to final weld it all up

You can just barely see the tube at the corner of the front valance....I'm going to black coat the tube going into the wheelwell, so you will never see it...the car is really low too, so it should disapper pretty good.
Old 12-13-2011, 10:21 PM

Then I mocked up the rear brakes... had to drill out the hat since the Moser studs have a small collar at the bottom that wouldnt allow the hat to sit flush with the axle flange.

Old 12-13-2011, 10:26 PM

Mark at BentFab made me some frame passthrough for my fuel and brake lines... the car is really low and I didnt want to run my lines under the frame, so I used the original holes for the torsion bars and made some small block off plates.
Mounted up my fuel filter too..

Cris thinks the 10 AN line is way overkill for my 600 HP N/A motor and dealing with making the huge SS hardlines will be more hassle than its worth..so we may step down to 1/2 inch and tweak this are alittle.

Last edited by DRJDVM's '69; 12-13-2011 at 10:39 PM.
Old 12-13-2011, 10:29 PM

Well I think thats most of my updates.... the car is now in the passionate and capable hands of all the guys at JCG....

So once some progress is made there, I'll start a new post.... My Cuda Project Part III...now at JCG

Last edited by DRJDVM's '69; 12-13-2011 at 10:39 PM.