Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > Chassis and Suspension
User Name
Password

Old 12-01-2010, 07:58 AM

Default Speed Tech or Art Morrison, DSE 69 Camaro Frame

I have been doing a little research on the subframes, I have also looked at the full frames available, Would like a little advice on What is working good, I know DSE is a superior product not to sure how long Speed Tech has been around? and AME what are the pros and cons of both products I don't want something that is going to be a nightmare installation and realize that there will be labor involved Like the c6 vette stuff from AME, seems that it would be easier to repair if parts needed, but may be wrong, Speed Tech looks that they are pretty much order from them if you need parts, I would like to get something ordered before end of year If anyone has used or installed these products let me know what you think thanks for your time.
Old 12-01-2010, 09:37 AM

Default Speedtech

Speedtech all the way..
Old 12-01-2010, 09:41 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Alots going to depend on your budget.. I would say if your budget is big DSE would be the way to go. But If your looking for the best bang for your buck SpeedTech is the way to go hands down in my opinion. Very well made,installation should not be an issue. Take a look at how well Blake's Nova did at the Optima Challenge this year ,that should help answer some questions for you. Blake spends alot of time on this forum and I think thats great, He's never hard to find to answer any of your questions!!
Old 12-01-2010, 09:53 AM

Thanks Mario.
bang for YOUR buck.

any questions just ask
Old 12-01-2010, 09:55 AM

Call them all yourself and form your own opinion. DSE has done tons of real world testing and I've always been happy with their products. The boys at Speedtech are a smaller operation but genuinely give a **** about their customers. They are also actively testing their products and they work well.
Old 12-01-2010, 10:15 AM

I think for the AME full frame you have to build your own floors. I don't think the DSE and Speedtech offerings require such extensive fabrication, might keep that in mind. But looking at the AME offering it really does look like a piece of car guy art.

Frankly I don't think you can wrong with any of the three, all are quality pieces with great companies to back up their products.
Old 12-01-2010, 10:31 AM

I am so happy we sell all 3 brands! For the longest time I would say DSE and Art Morrison are top of the heap and Speedtech was a great "bang for the buck". but based on current performance reports, and my own personal experience, Speedtech is now grouped right up there with the AME and DSE.

Your welcome to call and discuss products, we have at least one of each in our shop today in projects.
Old 12-01-2010, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBC69Camaro View Post
I think for the AME full frame you have to build your own floors. I don't think the DSE and Speedtech offerings require such extensive fabrication, might keep that in mind. But looking at the AME offering it really does look like a piece of car guy art.

Frankly I don't think you can wrong with any of the three, all are quality pieces with great companies to back up their products.
He's talking about the bolt in frame I assume.

Pros and cons? With the speed tech you can have a stock like spindle and keep the wheel size down if that's something that matters to you, say you didn't want to have to buy expensive 17"+ wheels. On the other hand, good brakes themselves probably cost more for stock spindles than a basic C5 kit would.

I imagine the speed tech weighs slightly more because the morrison uses aluminum corvette components. Both probably let you run wider wheel/tire up front but the speed tech may let you run wider (one of the general strengths of their control arms).

Speed techs nova just did pretty good in the street car invitational, although as others have noted there probably isn't such a large difference between the top companies that anyone but a professional driver would be able to tell.
Old 12-01-2010, 10:48 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by killer69 View Post
Thanks Mario.
bang for YOUR buck.

any questions just ask
Blake.... You know I did'nt mean any disrespect by that comment.... I did'nt mean for it to come out that way....
Old 12-01-2010, 11:12 AM

Default 69 camaro frame

Thanks for your replys guys, there are a lot of choices out there and I don't want to buy something then call for support and have to push 1, Frank at prodigy I will give you a call today if that's okay need to talk to you about a.c. as well. thanks again for good advice. I think every company I call will tell me theres is the best.