Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Classifieds > What's it Worth
User Name
Password

Old 07-04-2011, 09:47 PM

Default What's it worth...64 Chevelle SS Convertible

I am looking at wading into the Chevelle pool with a new project. I have a 69 Camaro Pro-touring finished now and have been looking for something a little different. I have always liked the 64-65 Chevelle's and found a nice 64 SS convert in my area. Here are the specs

283 CI glide car, original color and paint about 6 years old, new seat upholstery and top, 60K miles, original family car that has been garaged since new. Power top, steering and brakes. Solid body. Original manuals and paperwork. Engine rebuilt 1000 miles ago at the time of the repaint.

What do you guys think it should bring? Here are some pics.

69 SS396 Camaro Coupe, 4link, 12bolt posi, Speedtech LCA and UCA's, Hotchkis 2" drop springs and sway bar, Ridetech triple remote resevoir coilovers, Bilsteins, Wilwood 6 piston front/4 piston rear, Magnaflow stainless exhaust, Lemons Headers, Comp rollers/p-rods/cam, Fikse 18x8.5 and 18x10

Last edited by g356gear; 07-04-2011 at 11:23 PM.
Old 07-05-2011, 01:40 AM

well thats a tough one. considering the car has original paint and has been garaged all its life it sounds and looks like a great car and an SS.
I would think IT would fall in between the 14k ( great deal ) 17k ( well bought ) anything over in my opinion would be market value

what would be your plans, keep it stock ?

good luck
Old 07-05-2011, 07:09 AM

Jody should pipe in here, he would be a help.

So, here's the question, is it too nice to "cut up". Original SS, from original family, and a convertible? It is just a glide small block car, but man it is nice. I'm a vert man, so I say 17-21k.
Old 07-05-2011, 01:32 PM

If I bought it, it would be for suspension and rims only....just a cruiser. I would feel bad cutting it up. The Camaro is the big block tire eater in the household and my wife is a little scared of it. The Chevelle, would be something she could drive.
69 SS396 Camaro Coupe, 4link, 12bolt posi, Speedtech LCA and UCA's, Hotchkis 2" drop springs and sway bar, Ridetech triple remote resevoir coilovers, Bilsteins, Wilwood 6 piston front/4 piston rear, Magnaflow stainless exhaust, Lemons Headers, Comp rollers/p-rods/cam, Fikse 18x8.5 and 18x10
Old 07-05-2011, 09:58 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Thanked 1,076 Times in 384 Posts

Not trying to be critical here - but the car looks as though there's nothing much "original" about it... it's rebuilt motor = paint = and the engine compartment looks as though it was poorly prepped just to get it SOLD....

I'd be going over the body with a fine tooth comb looking for what they were trying to hide with the fresh paint. If it was garage kept all it's life - why did
it need paint rather than a buff job?

The interior looks nice!

It appears to be a nice little cream puff -- but I'd be real suspicious of it needing a rebuild at 60K miles and a full paint job -- that doesn't seem to match up with the "story".
Old 07-06-2011, 07:44 AM

I agree with Greg. It looks like the motor got the "Krylon rebuild" Check out the over spray visible on the engine components. hose clamps, carb parts, oil breather. Flat black air cleaner?

I love these cars. Just be careful. If you are not sure what you are looking at, find a good body shop and have them take a look at it. Flip the guy a Jackson for going over it with you. I am not saying run away, however, I wouldn't believe what they are saying about the car.

What are they asking for it?

Darren