Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Classifieds > What's it Worth
User Name
Password

Old 07-22-2011, 09:43 PM

Default So how much is it worth.....

Long story short....

(some of you might remember my car and the debuts of its build)

...I sold all my PT stuff i had piled up for my build to a friend and i decided to finish my car as a Super street / fastest street car machine instead a few years ago...car is just about done now on 30x13.5 Et streets and SS396 repro wheels full cage big block th400 with brake, on the ground etc etc every bolt is new.

Now, my friend who had bought my stuff never did anything with it and is selling out the whole car/project (a 69 too) and is including all my previously sold parts (its no joke lol!!!) and i'M seriously thinking of buying it all back with his car.

List of parts is as follows, i will list all the big money items to make it easy but there is more i forget for sure;

t-56 from 99 z with new clutch in box

6.0L iron block alum heads out of p-u

complete 4 wheel Z-06 6 piston 13'' brake set up in boxes and needed brakets from core 3

Forgeline ZX3p in gun met 20x13 and 19 x 9 with 345-25-20 and 245-35-19 Pirelli P-zero rosso's up front

hooker headers (LS) ceramic
mounts for motor
Edelbrock Victor with 6LS kit

complete Corvette custom frame / like Morrisson unit but homebuilt w/vette parts and all

Of course...Complete 69 camaro 100% body with new one piece floors front and rear,1/4panel's, door shell's and more.

clean and clear paper work

rear 9 inch with new everything (cut housing to width and posi)

I know for a starter and for buying the wheels myself new from Frank that there was at least 5500$ in that package, 1500$ for the brakes and i would let you start there.....thats it, at that point i made him an offer and i think i could do very well, my idea it to recoup the wheels, brakes and trans and flip the rest so i can re-PT my car later down the line for a fraction of the cost. I'm a little tight these days so i would need to use credit but can easily do it, i just dont want to break my neck and jeopardize my own project's security as its due out in a week or two (after 5 years!!!! But its been worth it, its now 250% new, every damn part on this car came out of a box!! and its soooo nice !) Its just a chance i get and would like to evaluate before commiting officially.

It would look nice back on its big wheels and brakes with the new paint and canvas top....Mmmmmmmm!!!

Toughts???

Thanks as always guy's!

Lead

here is one of the latest pics...I'm waiting on a replacement wheel as i changed them to Wheel Vintique reprod SS396 model (15x6 and 10) but got two times an out of round front (15 x 7) wheel, i ordered a set of 15 x 6 today as nobody seems to have 15 x 7's anymore and WV is on BO for at least a month so....Its completely finished interior wise too now, needs exhaust on and distributon and plugs !)

New for summer '13. My latest find!!

48k miles, 100% original, 1969 Camaro coupe. Untouched, never apart and squeaky clean!!! 327/th350, A/C car. Gold on black w/vinyl top. Only add ons; Fast ratio box and SS396 wheels.

FINALLY!!! A car without rust repairs ever!!! None before, none coming!!! Cant come to modifying it tough....

...So, '67 Camaro project with my laying around stuff out of my black 'vert. 468 BB and YSI blower, braked th400, 12 bolt/spool, 35 splines etc. Complete Calvert suspension front and rear. 30x13.5 ET Streets, caged, lightened, slammed and running low 9's "Street car"

Last edited by Leadfoot1; 07-22-2011 at 09:49 PM.
Old 07-22-2011, 09:58 PM

Sounds like a good chance at a great project. If it won't kill you in the $$$ department then go for it. Another shot like this may never come along.
I guess it depends on how much you think you will really use it all.
Take the emotion away, how does it fit into your life as you see it over the next several years? Does it make sense to start another project right after you finish this one? Maybe you can get the car together and sell it at a profit? Then again, you could have a huge pile of parts collecting dust, getting out dated and losing value......

Just some thoughts. Good luck either way you go.

1970 Camaro.....on the road someday!
Old 07-22-2011, 10:12 PM

Eric, Thanks.

Maybe i was not really clear, my goal would be to just keep the wheels, tires, Trans and brake set up to put on my 'Vert later down the road, not finish his car. I'm wanting to evaluate the project's total value so i can decide if i'm beeing realistic in how much those parts are going to end up costing me...

for example, i have (on the side) a hard running BB a th400 and a 100% new 12 bolt with discs and all new strange components and also a set of front Wilwoods, i could put this as a package with HIS BODY and lets say, ask what, 12 000$... if it sell's and i paid 15k$ for his project car and parts, the parts i want to keep would have costed me 3k$(and whatever i paid for the included parts i let go with the body) Get it?

Now, To play with the numbers, i just want your input on what would be a good price on his selling car.

Lead.

48k miles, 100% original, 1969 Camaro coupe. Untouched, never apart and squeaky clean!!! 327/th350, A/C car. Gold on black w/vinyl top. Only add ons; Fast ratio box and SS396 wheels.

FINALLY!!! A car without rust repairs ever!!! None before, none coming!!! Cant come to modifying it tough....

...So, '67 Camaro project with my laying around stuff out of my black 'vert. 468 BB and YSI blower, braked th400, 12 bolt/spool, 35 splines etc. Complete Calvert suspension front and rear. 30x13.5 ET Streets, caged, lightened, slammed and running low 9's "Street car"

Last edited by Leadfoot1; 07-22-2011 at 10:16 PM.
Old 07-22-2011, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leadfoot1 View Post
Eric, Thanks.

Maybe i was not really clear, my goal would be to just keep the wheels, tires, Trans and brake set up to put on my 'Vert later down the road, not finish his car. I'm wanting to evaluate the project's total value so i can decide if i'm beeing realistic in how much those parts are going to end up costing me...

for example, i have (on the side) a hard running BB a th400 and a 100% new 12 bolt with discs and all new strange components and also a set of front Wilwoods, i could put this as a package with HIS BODY and lets say, ask what, 12 000$... if it sell's and i paid 15k$ for his project car and parts, the parts i want to keep would have costed me 3k$(and whatever i paid for the included parts i let go with the body) Get it?

Now, To play with the numbers, i just want your input on what would be a good price on his selling car.

Lead.
My mistake, sorry about that.
Im the wrong guy to ask about numbers on that list of parts. Sorry to muddy the waters here.

1970 Camaro.....on the road someday!
Old 07-22-2011, 10:32 PM

Lol!!! Thats allright....I'm already swimming.....

Lead.

Old 07-23-2011, 01:10 AM

Body looks complete and paint looks great from the pics but what is actual condition of paint? No interior? Wiring? Are engine and trans in the car?

Sorry if I missed something in the post but just trying to get a better idea. Also, more pics and details on the frame work would help.
Old 07-23-2011, 08:16 AM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Track Junky View Post
Body looks complete and paint looks great from the pics but what is actual condition of paint? No interior? Wiring? Are engine and trans in the car?

Sorry if I missed something in the post but just trying to get a better idea. Also, more pics and details on the frame work would help.
Gae, The picture is of his current car, not the one he looking to buy.

Lead, as far as what it's worth, what ever you or somebody else is willing to pay. Please don't take that negitively I'm only saying that this is how it has always been. A few years ago you couldn't touch a 69 Camaro for cheep even junk went for good money, now people aren't willing to pay the same money as a few years ago. It gose the same for any item you want to sell, it's only worth what the highest bidder or buyer is will to bid or pay. We can all tell you it's worth this or that but in the end you have to be comfortable with what you are willing pay and with what you are willing to sell the rest for. Past sales are the best way to see what people are willing to pay like on Ebay, do a past sales serach and see what they have sold for than go from there.

[SIGPIC]https://neversaynever0304.files.wordpress.com/2014/07/you-didnt-see-anything.gif[/SIGPIC]
Old 07-23-2011, 09:53 AM

Hey Rick thanks.....

Thats what i think and beeing in the 69 market for a good while this is what is getting me to be moving on the safe side.

Thing is, here (montreal area, Canada) Camaro's are very rare to come up with but the demand is same as everywhere on the planet tough so its pushing me to move and do a good deal...

OK, so would it help if i said i can pull it out for 13,500$ complete?? My idea is to put all my BB stuff in it with the wilwoods, 9 inch or my 12 bolt and 400 trans and sell it for around 12 to come out more or so even with the parts in my pocket for change. What do you think now?

If i we're to flip the parts alone my view is bout this, 6500$ for the body at a minimum, 1500$ trans, 1500$ brakes 4000$tires /wheels and whatever for the motor and the rest so if those numbers are ok, i can come out and brake even, even if i sold everything seperately in case i need to get out of it for any reason, i dont think those items would live long in the parts for sale at those prices....

LOL! I mainly need a kick in the pants to make my move.... I can already see my car 4 inches off the ground with the stick in it with twins under the hood and the big hoops and brakes licking the fenders at 130 mph on the freeway!!!

Lead