Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Classifieds > What's it Worth
User Name
Password

Old 12-21-2009, 02:47 PM

Default Wow, was this car really worth this??

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWAX%3AIT

man was this car worth more than $124K?
"reserve not met"
Old 12-21-2009, 04:15 PM

Nope...shill bidders. Nice car, but not 124k nice.
Old 12-21-2009, 04:47 PM

Being a Scott Widby car, it is definitely a nice car. He has built a few head turners over the years. Is it worth more than $124K? For a 5 year old build, probably not.
Old 12-21-2009, 06:24 PM

Definately a nice car
Old 12-21-2009, 08:05 PM

Agreed on nice car. Never seen Scott put out any crap in the past. The Hugger orange one he did a couple of years ago was pretty nice. As far as price? Not sure, It would definitely be a contender of sale at the 85-100 range. Heck there asking 500 for the Razor which I think is high. Seems pricing keeps going up and up.
Old 12-21-2009, 08:31 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Thanked 1,076 Times in 384 Posts

I've been telling anyone that has asked me "what's this "X" worth"... it's only worth what someone else is willing to pay - and right now - I have ZERO idea what ANYTHING is worth.

I look at cars like this more in a "what would it cost me to build a car like that" -- and I couldn't build that car for 125K.... but I wouldn't pay 125K for a 5 year old build either... it's "dated" already. Still - it's probably nicer than any hot rod I own.

$500K for Ring Brothers Camaro.... Ummmmmmmm nope.... 'Cause here's my thinking on that kind of a sale. It will NEVER be "MY" car - it will always be someones else's build... Personally.... I would have to paint it... and for 500K I want it MY WAY!!
Old 12-21-2009, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregWeld View Post
I've been telling anyone that has asked me "what's this "X" worth"... it's only worth what someone else is willing to pay - and right now - I have ZERO idea what ANYTHING is worth.

I look at cars like this more in a "what would it cost me to build a car like that" -- and I couldn't build that car for 125K.... but I wouldn't pay 125K for a 5 year old build either... it's "dated" already. Still - it's probably nicer than any hot rod I own.

$500K for Ring Brothers Camaro.... Ummmmmmmm nope.... 'Cause here's my thinking on that kind of a sale. It will NEVER be "MY" car - it will always be someones else's build... Personally.... I would have to paint it... and for 500K I want it MY WAY!!
I agree completely Greg. The other thing I don't get is it is a 500K "Ring Brothers Camaro". These cars have owners, I want to know how these people spend this kind of money with Ring, Troy, Foose, etc. and rarely get credit for it being THEIR car. Sure die hard guys will know the owners names, but 95% don't. These cars are sometimes 1-2 years old before the owners even take possession. I don't get it, maybe someone can educate me. Man, you pay me 500K to build a car the way I want it, then I get to show it, drive the crap out of it, and get all kinds of publicity for my shop! How do I get one of these gigs?

68 Chevy Pickup Project
Build Thread: https://lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php4?t=7505

THANKS TO: A&M Machine and Fabrication, CCTek (http://www.candctek.com), Hermance Design(www.hermancedesign.com), Paradise Road Rod & Custom, Harry Opfer Welding, Wegner Automotive Research, Clayton Machine Works
Old 12-21-2009, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregWeld View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccracin View Post
I agree completely Greg. The other thing I don't get is it is a 500K "Ring Brothers Camaro". These cars have owners, I want to know how these people spend this kind of money with Ring, Troy, Foose, etc. and rarely get credit for it being THEIR car. Sure die hard guys will know the owners names, but 95% don't. These cars are sometimes 1-2 years old before the owners even take possession. I don't get it, maybe someone can educate me. Man, you pay me 500K to build a car the way I want it, then I get to show it, drive the crap out of it, and get all kinds of publicity for my shop! How do I get one of these gigs?

For me, you guys hit the nail on the head. First of all, I can't see paying 300-500k for a build, and then try to sell it before you even get a chance to enjoy it(and usually take a big loss). What's the sense in doing that?? Razor is a great car but like you said it's 500k for a car that's 2 years old and (if you're into showing a car) has won and got all the publicity it's going to get already. I like the cars that Whidby has built, I don't know if this one is worth the asking price(just don't know that much about the car). I just wonder how many people do builds that take 3-5 years and have to change the project during the build so it will stay with the current trends.
Old 12-21-2009, 11:20 PM

The guy that owns the "Ring Brothers Reactor" lives about 15 mins away. He took it to our small town car show. There were maybe 50 cars. His wife has a pretty sweet 62 Impala as well. I would have to guess that those two cars alone cost more than the other 48 cars and 12 tractors at the show combined... I thought it was cool that they drove them to the show. I only know of the owners because they're local, otherwise I'd just refer to the cars by their builders.
Attached Images

//1969 Camaro (Hers...)
Old 12-21-2009, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas69 View Post
Nope...shill bidders. Nice car, but not 124k nice.
But with 66 bids somebody had to be bidding. Like was already said, it is only worth what 2 people are willing to pay. The stance, color, and interior color are pretty popular. I would not say this car is very dated for a 5 year old build. It is typical street rod styled Camaro. The muscle machine winner this year for Goodguys was a very similar Firebird, just not these colors but alot if similar parts.

I stopped at Scott's house 2 years ago on my way home from PRI, I stood in that exact garage in the pictures during our short cut through the backwoods of Georgia enroute to Alabama.