Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > Interior and Electrical
User Name
Password

Old 03-14-2016, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickpaw View Post
DEI makes a product that applies to the bottom of the car to reflect the heat.

https://www.designengineering.com/ca...und-insulation

Don't have personal experience with that product though. Been thinking about using it for my next iteration of my Firebird.
That is pretty pricey!!
Old 03-15-2016, 06:30 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RdHuggr68 View Post
That is pretty pricey!!
Amazon sells it for a lot less.
Old 03-15-2016, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nativefx View Post
I'm using dynamat throughout the car, including the roof, but I was also looking to utilize the Under Carpet Lite from DEI for the heat insulation properties.

Dontlifttoshift, can you tell me if you are using this in conjunction with the carpet padding already attached, or are you removing the padding and reattaching the UCL to the carpet in replacement? I'm worried about whether you could use both without to much "padding" under the carpet that would make it difficult to fit and also not look right?
You can use it with the factory padding attached to most aftermarket carpet sets but there really isn't any reason to do so. It is pretty rare that I am dealing with a stock floor, so making the molded carpet fit usually requires some build up in certain spots anyways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by minendrews68 View Post
I used a product called Ultra Touch, it's a product made from recycled blue jeans. It is 3/8" thick with foil on both sides. Fire proof and mildew proof. Really priced right too. I bought mine from Home Depot 4' x 25' long. I think it was around $60 shipped to my house. It's made in Arizona.
Sorry, but that stuff is pretty terrible for automotive use. We used to use something similar, and while it was cheap we realized we were getting exactly what we paid for. I had one piece that had a nearly complete tube sock in it between the foil layers.

After that we tried DynaLiner, the black foam self stick stuff, the 1/8" is great for roofs but it sucks on the floor. The thicker stuff doesn't conform very well and will leave dimples where your heels sit.....eventually they become permanent.

So then we went to UC Lite. Tried it on a 69 Camaro. Street, trackday, autocross car. It was less costly then the dynaliner and laid out so much nicer. We also used Floor and Tunnel shield on that car. Those two products combined made for carpet that was no warmer than ambient temperature......at a track day in July.

I now buy it by the roll. There aren't many products that I believe are the right answer all the time but UC Lite is one of them.

Support your local hot rod shop!
Old 03-18-2016, 10:43 PM
Supporting Vendor

RecoveryRoomInteriors.com

There is a pad that interior shops use call Thermozite, carpet pad with foal on one side, Check with your local interior shops
Old 03-19-2016, 12:43 PM
Lateral-g Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RECOVERY ROOM View Post
There is a pad that interior shops use call Thermozite, carpet pad with foal on one side, Check with your local interior shops
That looks like good stuff.

Thanks!

NO ONE IS COMING. IT'S UP TO US.

http://www.navysealfoundation.org/
Old 03-19-2016, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontlifttoshift View Post
You can use it with the factory padding attached to most aftermarket carpet sets but there really isn't any reason to do so. It is pretty rare that I am dealing with a stock floor, so making the molded carpet fit usually requires some build up in certain spots anyways.

Sorry, but that stuff is pretty terrible for automotive use. We used to use something similar, and while it was cheap we realized we were getting exactly what we paid for. I had one piece that had a nearly complete tube sock in it between the foil layers.

After that we tried DynaLiner, the black foam self stick stuff, the 1/8" is great for roofs but it sucks on the floor. The thicker stuff doesn't conform very well and will leave dimples where your heels sit.....eventually they become permanent.

So then we went to UC Lite. Tried it on a 69 Camaro. Street, trackday, autocross car. It was less costly then the dynaliner and laid out so much nicer. We also used Floor and Tunnel shield on that car. Those two products combined made for carpet that was no warmer than ambient temperature......at a track day in July.

I now buy it by the roll. There aren't many products that I believe are the right answer all the time but UC Lite is one of them.
I've not had any problems, and I'm pretty happy with it. With it only being 3/8" thick you'd think you could see a tube sock..
Old 03-19-2016, 08:47 PM

Tracy, have you used Thermozite pad in any of your jobs? The price is right, I would like to try it on my floor and roof. What would be a good adhesive to use for the floor and roof?
Thanks!!

Last edited by RdHuggr68; 03-19-2016 at 08:49 PM.
Old 03-26-2016, 12:03 PM

Has anyone on Lat.-G tried Thermozite? Also what would be the best adhesive to use for it, I want to put it on the roof of the car and don't want it falling off.
Kevin