Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Project Updates
User Name
Password

Old 04-02-2011, 03:28 PM

I can't remember the exact part number or weight but its the lightest strut they offer. And they are still a little strong, so they want to push the back of the hood up when fully closed. You have to do a little modifying of the hinge to allow it slide down lower on the mounting bolts in the fender. Very simple mod, just lengthen the hole so the hinge will mount lower on the inner fender
[email protected]
Old 04-02-2011, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fletcherscustoms View Post
I can't remember the exact part number or weight but its the lightest strut they offer. And they are still a little strong, so they want to push the back of the hood up when fully closed. You have to do a little modifying of the hinge to allow it slide down lower on the mounting bolts in the fender. Very simple mod, just lengthen the hole so the hinge will mount lower on the inner fender
Chad thanks so much for the response. When I spoke with Fesler initially they thought 112-135 lb spring but I think the lowest weight they offered was 80lb, but she thought that might not be enough to hold the hood up...

sending you a PM...thanks again!
Chi
Old 04-03-2011, 12:18 PM

Did the car make it home yet? I bet Ty can't wait for some hot summer nights in this beast!
Old 04-03-2011, 02:23 PM

I'm currently storing the car for Ty. He is still figuring things out since retiring from the Air Force and trying to get settled down in Florida. So its sitting patiently waiting on him.
[email protected]
Old 09-29-2011, 09:10 AM

Thumbs up

Dang this car turned out amazing. Went through the entire thread. Watching the car convert from beginning of thread to end was a great read and lots of great pics especially the rush for Sema as the car was being painted, sanded, and buffed. The color selection is also very nice. I love how great the car looked when flipped up on the side to view the undercarriage. Thats awesome. Congrats on the progress and all the coverage. Amazing project.
I would love to work for one of these shops working on builds like this. Anyone in Florida hiring?
--------------My Car on Lateral-g.net----------- Need something designed?-AdFabDesign
Old 09-29-2011, 11:07 AM

Hey Guys when you get a chance can we get some killer shots of the car to put up on our billet site. Thanks and hope you enjoy it for years to come
Old 09-29-2011, 03:29 PM

We'll get you some fresh pics Chris!!

Many thanks for the complements Adam! I'm sure everyone involved is glad to hear it even still! Welcome back to the board btw!

I've said it here before, but words just can't express how cool this community is and how much I appreciate everything everyone did to make the car into what it is!! Hard to believe it's already been two years since the thrash and SEMA 2009!

The car is simply amazing and truly more than I ever could have imagined!!
We are settled in Orlando now and I plan to take it to all the regional shows and cruise-ins and enjoy it for years to come!

We are just 45 minutes from the beach and 45 minutes to Disney and we have a dedicated guest room, so if you're ever in the area you and yours are welcome!

V/R,
Ty
Hoodpins.com, Inland Empire Driveline, Billet Accessories Direct, Modo Innovations, AutoRad Radiators, Morris Classic Concepts, Marquez Design, Anvil Auto, Fesler Billet, US Collision (DOOM), AGR, Pro-touringF-body.com, Phoenix Transmission Products, Shiftworks, ACC Carpet, Hedman Hedders, BMR Fabrication, American Autowire, MityMounts, TIN INDIAN Performance, Kauffman Racing Equipment, Pypes, RobbMc Performance, WMC, Holley, NOS, PST
Old 09-30-2011, 12:29 AM

Hmmmmm.....Florida beach..........Disney..........cool people, cool cars ........guest room........ I think I need to work on my tan soon.......

1970 Camaro.....on the road someday!
Old 10-08-2011, 08:55 AM

Hey Ty there is a cruise here in daytona called the dream cruise on oct 21-23 .it will be up at the bellair plaza like the trukey rodrun. 3rd year running fun time nice cars and free come check it out. i will have my 71 pt camaro out for the frist time that fri and sat hope you can make it and others from the board
Old 07-09-2012, 07:41 AM

The car is back home. Ty took delivery of it last week
[email protected]