Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Project Updates
User Name
Password

Old 12-04-2015, 08:08 AM

Wow nice work and great accomplishments !!
Old 12-04-2015, 08:09 AM

Brakes just slow you down.

You should be installing some 007 smoke screen system for when Grandma wants a pull around the track.

Support your local hot rod shop!
Old 12-04-2015, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOREHORSEPOWER View Post
Wow nice work and great accomplishments !!
Thank you. I've had a lot of fun with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontlifttoshift View Post
Brakes just slow you down.

You should be installing some 007 smoke screen system for when Grandma wants a pull around the track.
I like the way you think Donny..since I actually drive on the track, I could use a smoke screen...Grandma just has two wheels off throwing dust screens all the time
66 Corvette, Spirit of '66
Project G-Vette
Old 12-04-2015, 11:25 AM

lol...
Old 12-04-2015, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65_LS1_T56 View Post
Thank you. I've had a lot of fun with it.

I like the way you think Donny..since I actually drive on the track, I could use a smoke screen...Grandma just has two wheels off throwing dust screens all the time

Who has the faster lap times?
Old 05-26-2016, 12:15 PM

Wow, time flies...now time to blow the dust of this thread.

Been enjoying the car, that's why I built it after all. Those in the jackstand army, you need to go awol. It is so much fun actually getting to use them!

I did just that last weekend and the Midwest Musclecar Challenge. I've commented time after time on how great of an event this is and I think a few first timers on here would most likely agree.
We are about 7 hours (366 miles) from Putnam Park and this year, I decided to drive the Chevelle instead of trailer. We only have a single place car trailer that hauled the wife's Vette. I was a little anxious about it, but worst case we could swap cars if something happened..turned out it wasn't necessary.

Drove there in on and off rain and managed to get just over 20mpg. Not bad as is makes around 620 at the crank right? One Friday we ran the roadcourse and due to the timing system not working, we didn't get any transponder times. I went our every session. Not sure time wise, but I was hauling. 139mph for two sessions, 137 and 136 the others. Considering my brakes are adequate at best, I was breaking early so I'm sure there was more. I can't say enought about the power that the Mast 416 makes. Feels like somebody is bump drafting behind you

So after what I consider a very successful road course day, we headed to Raymond's Performance in Indy (Plainfield). What an awesome facility Bruce has now! They had a nice spread for us an put on a car show with a lot of the locals showing up. Then the skies opened up on our way back.

After rain most of the night, it was on to Terre Haute in the am for autox. The first few hours the course had water on it, then it dried up and was very nice.

Special thanks to everyone for the ride alongs and the wheel time! I like that I'm getting asked to drive others cars for and opinion on this or that...not sure my advice is even worth the amount I charge (free!). But, thanks to Jeff Cleary (sweet Thug Nova), BuddyP, Kerry K, and Gordie. Got one shot of me in Jeff's Nova, this car is sweet! Photo by Dave Dean of Burnt Bridge Images!

Me driving BuddyP's Camaro: Photo by Dave Dean of Burnt Bridge Images!

Jill getting it done in the G-Vette! she did great, and is getting a ton more confidence in the car Photo by Dave Dean of Burnt Bridge Images!

Kerry's 66 Chevelle, very similar setup to mine, it wasn't hard to get comfortable in it: Photo by Dave Dean of Burnt Bridge Images!

Gordies very cool 66 Impala, this thing is fun! Everyone said I was lifting the front tire...still looking for a picture of that Photo by Ridetech

And, my junk: Photo by Dave Dean of Burnt Bridge Images!

And hooking on the concrete! Photo by Dave Dean of Burnt Bridge Images!

And the only video I got all weekend, grr. I was running from car to car there for awhile and didn't even get the GoPro out..

All in all, superb weekend with awesome friends old and new. 917 miles on the car including over 50 at speed on the roadcourse. Not one hiccup. A win.
Project G-Vette
Old 05-26-2016, 12:59 PM

Aaron,
Looks like you are having fun. Yes, I still remember my first ride in the G-Velle. What an awesome experience for me. Wish mine was off the stands, but still kicking my tail.

Keep having fun, and maybe I can catch another ride one day. The Vette looks really good out there too.

My Build Thread;

https://lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php4?t=40557
Old 05-26-2016, 02:48 PM

Had a blast hanging out with you and others last weekend Aaron, was honored that you wanted to go out and ride with me on the road course on Friday. You helped me figure out how to get through at least two turns faster than I was prior. Sorry about the "Oh crap" moments...

I'll second that the Midwest MuscleCar Challenge is a great event, I'm ready to sign up for next year right now. Putnam Park is an absolute jewel of a facility, if I lived anywhere close to there, I'd have a membership for sure.

Thanks for the ride around the autocross in the G-Velle, that thing scoots for sure. Given your testimony above, it is exactly what Pro-Touring is all about. Well done...

Can't wait til we do this again.
Old 05-26-2016, 03:17 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Vendor

So many cool cars in that post! ^^
Old 05-26-2016, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEEP View Post
Aaron,
Looks like you are having fun. Yes, I still remember my first ride in the G-Velle. What an awesome experience for me. Wish mine was off the stands, but still kicking my tail.

Keep having fun, and maybe I can catch another ride one day. The Vette looks really good out there too.
I still remember giving you the ride! Nashville 2014. On our way to Daytona.
If the time ever presents itself, you're welcome for another ride. It has a little different attitude than it did last time
Thanks Bill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSLance View Post
Had a blast hanging out with you and others last weekend Aaron, was honored that you wanted to go out and ride with me on the road course on Friday. You helped me figure out how to get through at least two turns faster than I was prior. Sorry about the "Oh crap" moments...

I'll second that the Midwest MuscleCar Challenge is a great event, I'm ready to sign up for next year right now. Putnam Park is an absolute jewel of a facility, if I lived anywhere close to there, I'd have a membership for sure.

Thanks for the ride around the autocross in the G-Velle, that thing scoots for sure. Given your testimony above, it is exactly what Pro-Touring is all about. Well done...

Can't wait til we do this again.
I'm not a track expert by any means, but I've done a few laps there. Glad I could help out a little..too bad timing wasn't working. I'm bummed you didn't get to go for a ride in mine on the big track. Of course, I never went out alone...the seat was always taken.
And for the record: I wasn't scurred!

I get a kick out of the "what is pro-touring" debates...this is the answer.

So, to do it again...Motorstate Challenge. Can't say enough good things about it. Gingerman is VERY similar to Putnam. Do not come with the RV and no car. You will be bummed. Seriously bummed.
Next, there's Northeast Musclecar Challenge (formerly known as Ohio Musclecar Challenge) August 18-20 at Pittsburgh (Beaver Run). Great course, well run, lots of seat time! Just sayin.
Project G-Vette