Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > Wheels and Tires
User Name
Password

Old 11-27-2013, 03:59 PM

Default 0mm back spacing wheels

I just got 70 chevelle that I am going to instal a 2013 SS camaro IRS under. I believe this is going to require a 0mm back spacing. I am really having truble finding a wheel I like though. Any sudgestions would be great.
Old 11-27-2013, 05:39 PM

Sounds like your on your way to a cool car with that setup

lot of sponsors here, look under the wheels and tire section, there are always new postings of wheels on various cars. problem is there are too many choices.

most custom wheel houses can make any offset you need.

68' Camaro
56' Chevy PU- Sold
62 Nova project
Old 12-02-2013, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toreback View Post
I just got 70 chevelle that I am going to instal a 2013 SS camaro IRS under. I believe this is going to require a 0mm back spacing. I am really having truble finding a wheel I like though. Any sudgestions would be great.
0mm backspacing is never an option with any automotive wheels that I'm aware of as that would put the mounting pad flush with the inner lip of the wheel.

If you mean zero offset wheels, that would mean that the mounting pad is centered within the hoop. Due to the relatively wide track width of the 2010-2013 Camaro SS, I would think that you would need/want a high offset wheel to try and tuck the wheels under the Chevelle body as much as is possible.

You'll probably get more suggestions if you post up the actual wheel size (diameter x width x offset) you intend to run along with a general budget for said wheels. The better the info you provide, the better the quality of the responses you should receive most of the time.

Good luck with your build,
Tobin
KORE3
Old 12-03-2013, 08:03 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

I agree with Tobin and well said. To piggyback off of what he said, before you pull the trigger on the 2013 Camaro IRS (if you already haven't) make sure you do your research on wheels. As you've already stated, you're having a little difficulty finding wheels and more than likely, you're gonna have to get a custom wheel made. Either that are you'll have to settle for some ugly wheel that you may not like. So, be prepared for the cost of custom wheels if that's the case. If they are not in the budget at approxiamtely $4k and up, you may wanna rethink this upgrade. Also, at times you can find used custom wheels for a really good price, but then they are not spec'd for your '13 Camaro IRS and by the time you get them rehooped, etc. that still takes the price to another level. Not to mention sometimes the pad height may not allow the custom wheels to fit right depending on what the original owner had them spec'd for. Hope this helped and good luck!